Let's Hear it . Who's ordered a 408

south89

I'm one of many ( I assume ) that has ordered a 408 . My version is gonna be a hog in charcoal finish with a rosewood neck and stoptail. The anticipation is killing me. :call:

:408:I'm just curious to what everyone else is wanting on their versions

didn't ordered mine yet, but it'll a mahogany body with rosewood neck and stop tail. not sure about the color yet. how I wish they have the 408 with the piezo, that will be perfect for me.

I'm (im)patiently waiting for an Amber Black 408 mt. lol
Thinking about a hog stop tail with a rosewood neck next. I agree with both aduayer and Hans about the 408 piezo idea , that would be very cool.

I have a charcoal burst flame maple ten top with trem coming in.....with a pattern thin rosewood neck....! So psyched, although one thing makes me nervous.....some charcoal bursts look 'yellowed' and some are black and grey.....really hope mine comes in without the yellow jaundiced look ......

I have a charcoal burst flame maple ten top with trem coming in.....with a pattern thin rosewood neck....! So psyched, although one thing makes me nervous.....some charcoal bursts look 'yellowed' and some are black and grey.....really hope mine comes in without the yellow jaundiced look ......

Wedge, did you see THIS ONE:
http://www.theguitarshop.ca/features.php?id=1389

+1 on the P408, but it'd kinda be like putting a couple of eggs in a basket...

I'm really interested in how a 408 ST will sound with a RW neck? Has there a non-maple topped PRS offered with a RW neck before?

Oh and natural, it'll look hot in natural!

Yea I'm really curious to see waht the standard is going to sound like with the rosewood neck . Has anybody gotten ETA's. Getting tired of standing at the door waiting like a little kid at christmas. Plus its starting to get cold out ( Oh yea I guess I could stand inside ):dontknow:

....how I wish they have the 408 with the piezo, that will be perfect for me.

....and a 24.5" scale.

Amber_Front.jpg

P8093725.jpg

P8093722.jpg

Yea I'm really curious to see waht the standard is going to sound like with the rosewood neck . Has anybody gotten ETA's. Getting tired of standing at the door waiting like a little kid at christmas. Plus its starting to get cold out ( Oh yea I guess I could stand inside ):dontknow:

It sounds AWESOME!

Well, factoring in that I'm playing it, but...

PRS408-01.jpg

PRS408-06.jpg

Ordered mine Maple top in Trampus Green, Stop tail and rosewood neck with a 10 top. Cant wait.

Standard, rosewood neck, pattern regular, trem, antique white, mixed hardware.

Alan,

This is the one that you got from the EXP. if I'm correct. Is the tone darker on it because of the neck ? Beautiful guitar.:rock:

Thanks - that's the one.

I haven't played a non-RW version, so I can't speak as to how it would compare to another 408ST. I will say this - it does have a snap to it. Maybe clarity would be a better word.

I'm hoping to do some recording in the next couple weeks with it, so I should be able to post some samples soon.

Back