Lesteban In Concert

László

Too Many Notes
Sometimes my fans get their way, and as a result, I've agreed to do a series of concerts!

Tonight I kicked off the tour with a sold-out show in my living room. My girl friend bought the ticket. Well, actually, she loaned me some money to go buy strings. And she fixed a small tear in my puffy shirt and loaned me a few bucks for a hat with a big brim.

I figured that entitled her to the ticket.

Everything was going great during the part where I tune the guitar and tell the audience a few funny stories about my past, but as I got to the sixth tuning peg, my audience said she had to go watch Dancing With The Stars.

Yeah, apparently she'd bought the ticket a while back, and couldn't return it. I don't know, I don't watch much TV, I didn't realize that cable charged extra for that show.

Unfortunately, the noise from the TV spoiled the purity of my concert, so I had to really play loud. But I finally had to stop because she got mad and said I was disturbing her.

Tough crowd!

But I still got through my repertoire of 30 second guitar tone demos, including a complete run-through of all of my different kinds of picks. I think if my audience had stuck around, she'd have enjoyed the show. Fortunately, it was an acoustic show, so loading out was pretty easy. I managed somehow to get the guitar into the case without a roadie. My living room is small enough that I didn't need to put the guitar into an airplane to get it back to the room I keep it in, so I didn't have to worry about damaging it in flight.

My next concert is scheduled for Sunday. This time I'll have a better audience: my mom. She's always very supportive. Which is great, because I plan to do the show in her basement. She hasn't exactly bought the ticket yet, and for some reason her phone doesn't seem to work, because she isn't answering my calls, so I need to check on that.

You know, even though she's 89, she always has a kind word for me after a show. Like, "You have to play louder, I am a little hard of hearing." Imagine an audience asking for you to play louder at a show, huh? That's so great. I love when that happens.

She has all of my albums. Really! Because I keep all 20 boxes of unsold CDs at her place. Maybe I can get her to buy another CD and some merch at the show. I have to find some merch, I guess. I can always make a sock puppet with one of my old summer camp socks with a name tag sewn on. Fans love handmade merch. Especially handmade antique merch from 1965!

I'd bring a PA for her, but my girl friend says she's over being my roadie, which I don't really understand but whatever. It's her car, she can do what she wants. Well, technically, it's her PA, too, because I haven't paid her back for it yet.

Anyway, I'll let you all know when my tour stops in your area, or your part of the world.

Meanwhile, let your life be like, oh, I dunno...uh...like...cherry bombs and rainbows!

Lesteban

Last edited:
:laugh:

Here's to hoping the next show goes a little smoother! You know the 1st few can be a little rough...gotta get the kinks worked out and whatnot.

I'd go to one of your shows but I'm currently locked down in the studio. Nice place, I had it built to look like a spare bedroom because they have the best acoustics.

By the way, my girl friend now tells me that I married her a long time ago, and that we have three children.

I'll be damned.

By the way, my girl friend now tells me that I married her a long time ago, and that we have three children.

I'll be damned.

They're sneaky that way. For a while I thought my sons were just my bass player and rhythm guitarist, then I had to pay for their college and I realized they were my kids.

My wife bought me a new audio interface, an S2 Mira and said I could actually hang my guitars on the wall of the spare bedr... I mean studio. I just know that one day I'll take off the headphones after a lengthy recording session and find the doorway bricked up.

They're sneaky that way. For a while I thought my sons were just my bass player and rhythm guitarist, then I had to pay for their college and I realized they were my kids.

My wife bought me a new audio interface, an S2 Mira and said I could actually hang my guitars on the wall of the spare bedr... I mean studio. I just know that one day I'll take off the headphones after a lengthy recording session and find the doorway bricked up.

You must do a cameo on the next Lesteban record before she bricks you in!

I have nothing to add... but this is entertaining.

I'm looking forward to enjoying tour blog #2 with some popcorn, preferably also in a puffy shirt.

Just reading "Lesteban in Concert" conjures images of women throwing undergarments at the stage. At least it's a start, even if it is just your wife prompting you to do some laundry. :laugh:

She has all of my albums. LITERALLY! Because I keep all 20 boxes of my completely unsold CDs at her place.

fixed it for ya...

I have the same problem. I keep all my albums unmastered, unburned, unmarketed and unsold on my computer unbackedup.

Just reading "Lesteban in Concert" conjures images of women throwing undergarments at the stage. At least it's a start, even if it is just your wife prompting you to do some laundry. :laugh:

more than a little disturbing since his second audience was to be his mother.... the only way it works for me if it is Les's underwear and she is screaming, "Do your OWN frickin' laundry, big shot!"

Well, I had to cancel the concert at my mother's because she objected to the cost of the ticket.

Fans can be so fickle!

I really have to have a little talk with my booking agent.

Just reading "Lesteban in Concert" conjures images of women throwing undergarments at the stage.

Women throw things at Lesteban all the time!

Underwear I can handle, but when they start throwing heavy objects at me, such as beer bottles and wrenches, it gets a little uncomfortable.

Lestaban let me know when your next concert is,I'll bring sue vitarelli She'll make your toes curl.

A question for Lestaban...
When Lestaban hears the women screaming and banging on the door, are they on the same side of the door as Lestaban?

A question for Lestaban...
When Lestaban hears the women screaming and banging on the door, are they on the same side of the door as Lestaban?

Lesteban's bed is actually a piece of foam sitting on top of a recycled door, so yes.

Lesteban blushes at revealing such personal information. :redface:

Last edited:
Back