LEAST Favorite Guitar Color

what is your LEAST favorite guitar color?

• black, or some shade of grey or charcoal

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • white, including offwhite, cream

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • blue (like sergio's eyes)

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • green

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • purple, lilac, iris

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • red, pink

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • yellow, including clownburst

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • orange

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • brown, tan (including tobacco burst, mccarty burst)

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
I answered this poll thinking specifically of PRSi. I like white/cream/off-white perfectly fine on a lot of F-style guitars, and even the occasional LP Custom. But I have never gotten myself to pull the trigger on a white PRS... can't fully explain why, either.

Black for sure. I played a black guitar for a decent number of years and I really liked it. It was a PITA to keep clean. I dislike black so much now that I don't even like guitars with black backs very much. I have a few with black backs that I would change if I could. The only guitar that I own that is black that I like is a P22 Trem that is a Gray Black 10 top. I would have bought it in a different color if I could have found one with a nice 10 top like it in another color. It was the best looking P22 Trem I could find when I was in the market. My wife liked it so I had to buy that one. When you get permission you go with it.

If I picked a second worst color, it would the PRS tortoise shell. That color doesn't do a figured top any justice.

Black. Love the look, hate trying to keep them looking that way. Dull, smudged up black just looks old, and not in a good way.

I like the classic Gibson and Fender bursts. They were the guitars I aspired to own when I started playing. I’m not a fan of the loud colors on guitars, but I notice folks that grew up in the decades after mine love them. Lots of things affect what you gravitate towards. In the end I’d rather have a guitar that played well over one I liked looking at, given the choice.

Back