Any clue what color this is?

andy009

Wondering if anyone knows what this color might be called? It is listed as a custom color per PRS.

rNVOJJ.jpg

joUeLx.jpg

L0fJqF.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going with McCarty Burst. You usually see the whole thing wrapped. Nice to see the binding with that finish. Does look close to black gold, too.

I'd guess it's Tobacco Burst. If you email PRS Customer Service and include the serial number they will be happy to give you the specs of the guitar.
I did and they list it as a custom color LOL. I was curious to see what others thought it might actually be. It started out life as a Wood Library order, but then did not finish up that way. Which makes sense as the top is non-10, but looks VG in person, plus has a color that does not match up and 57/08 pickups installed at factory.

Reactions: TFC
I had a custom 24 like that as well, started off as a wood library but sold as a 10 top with a custom color. From what PRS told me they don’t name the custom colors so no official finish name for your guitar.

I'd guess it's Tobacco Burst. If you email PRS Customer Service and include the serial number they will be happy to give you the specs of the guitar.
Too dark for McCarty Burst.

And I agree, it looks like Tobacco Burst...

I had a custom 24 like that as well, started off as a wood library but sold as a 10 top with a custom color. From what PRS told me they don’t name the custom colors so no official finish name for your guitar.
That is a little misleading. I have several custom color PRS. My SC-58 is Trampus Green. They didn't sell them in that color and it is the only one they made in that color. However, it is a color that you could get other models in like my HBII that is also Trampus Green.

My 594 is a Candy Metallic Royal Blue. It is a one of a kind as well. However, this color was not a standard color on other models. They did spray a few other guitars, different models than mine, in this color. Both of these are guitars that are considered custom colors by PRS.

The term custom color can mean it is custom for that model or it can be a completely new color that was not offered as a production color. They do have names for most of them to my knowledge and with the sampling of them I own. It is possible that they have a "sprayers choice" color that may not have a name. Those are fewer and farther between.

That is a little misleading. I have several custom color PRS. My SC-58 is Trampus Green. They didn't sell them in that color and it is the only one they made in that color. However, it is a color that you could get other models in like my HBII that is also Trampus Green.

My 594 is a Candy Metallic Royal Blue. It is a one of a kind as well. However, this color was not a standard color on other models. They did spray a few other guitars, different models than mine, in this color. Both of these are guitars that are considered custom colors by PRS.

The term custom color can mean it is custom for that model or it can be a completely new color that was not offered as a production color. They do have names for most of them to my knowledge and with the sampling of them I own. It is possible that they have a "sprayers choice" color that may not have a name. Those are fewer and farther between.
That’s right, mine was a sprayers choice and they said the color was simply called custom color. Looking at it again is making me regret getting rid of it!

Back