LEAST Favorite Guitar Color

what is your LEAST favorite guitar color?

• black, or some shade of grey or charcoal

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • white, including offwhite, cream

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • blue (like sergio's eyes)

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • green

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • purple, lilac, iris

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • red, pink

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • yellow, including clownburst

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • orange

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • brown, tan (including tobacco burst, mccarty burst)

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
ClownburstGallery.jpg

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE CLOWNBURSTPHOBIA! CLICKING COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND OR DEATH!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Disclaimer:

I haven't been a Gibson player ever since buying my first PRS in 1991, though I was for 25 years. Not because I thought Gibsons were bad, it was because PRS' are that good.

[Edit: You had a custom shop 335 in 2006 ya big doofus!]

However...

What folks are calling a 'clown burst' is one of the greatest, most classic guitar finishes of all time. It set the bar for electric guitar finishes, and when it's well done, it's a beautiful finish that looks great on stage. The red is supposed to be gradually feathered toward the center. That takes some skill.

For a long time Gibson had difficulty getting it right. It's probably tricky to feather the edge from red to yellow when spraying it.

I would buy a PRS in any of these three Gibson finishes.

PRS' Dark Cherry Burst gets it right, so does their McCarty Burst (though that's a take on a faded cherry sunburst, the originals never started out that way). The cherry burst in the video below shows one that's done right.

"So you're saying you're right and everyone else is wrong, huh?"

"No. I'm saying I'm right and everyone else is...unenlightened." ;)

Last edited:
What folks are calling a 'clown burst' is one of the greatest, most classic guitar finishes of all time. It set the bar for electric guitar finishes, and when it's well done, it's a beautiful finish that looks great on stage. The red is supposed to be gradually feathered toward the center. That takes some skill.

Heck yes! Me too

I really do love that on a Les. I have an Epi with somewhat of a Cherry Honey hybrid fade burst xx12dgdg+ex finish.
^Looks even more clown because the red is more of a hot pink. Female clownburst?

Finished that baby off with some burnt chrome hardware and bare knuckle Peacemaker rainbow pickups. Thing is a beauty!

ClownburstGallery.jpg

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE CLOWNBURSTPHOBIA! CLICKING COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND OR DEATH!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Wow!
How ironic!
My first guitar, 1969 Gibson ES125 (modded) had that very paint job! They called it cherry sunburst when I bought, and when I traded the guitar in a few years ago, it went to a collector before it had a chance to sit still for a few moments.

Disclaimer:

I haven't been a Gibson player ever since buying my first PRS in 1991, though I was for 25 years. Not because I thought Gibsons were bad, it was because PRS' are that good.

[Edit: You had a custom shop 335 in 2006 ya big doofus!]

However...

For a long time Gibson had difficulty getting it right. It's probably tricky to feather the edge from red to yellow when spraying it.

PRS' Dark Cherry Burst gets it right, so does their McCarty Burst (though that's a take on a faded cherry sunburst, the originals never started out that way). The cherry burst in the video below shows one that's done right.

"So you're saying you're right and everyone else is wrong, huh?"

"No. I'm saying I'm right and everyone else is...unenlightened." ;)

No argument here.

I see what you did there and I get it. Much appreciated for the spoiler button. Unfortunately I saw it and I am scarred
My sincerest apologies for the mental scar I have inflicted upon you ;~(( I can only pray that time will heal this wound and provide you with a replacement image in the color of your choosing! In the meantime, the movies "Killer Clowns" or "It" may help to remove that stain on the brain (or afix it for eternity, not shure which) ;~))

Green is really the second least favorite? Did y'all get punked by a Leprechaun or something? I don't even know "you people" anymore. Actually, I'm just getting to know "you people" now. ;)

Really though, no one has a wrong opinion, just opinions that I agree with less or more. And I don't think green is the best. Just bustin some balls around here. I like to celebrate diversity the right way.... with a wall full of guitars of all shapes and sizes. :cool:

I also didn't vote. I don't have a color I dislike more than others. I do dislike solid paint jobs vs. wood grain in general, but that wasn't an option. And I still love some guitars with paint jobs too.

I Just don't see how green is towards the bottom. Ahem.

Back