• purple, lilac, iris

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • red, pinks

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • yellow (includes clownburst)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • orange

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • brown, tan, (includes tobacco and mccart burst)

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters
Matteo Blue

sGcqtiV.jpg

I ended up gravitating towards goldtops.... wasn't always my favorite, but picking out a single color/finish option from the PRS rainbow might be too hard for me. So, I always end up just pulling the trigger on goldtops... YMMV
Goldtops never used to do anything for me. I'd actually ignore them and walk right on by... until I picked up Goldie, a Stripper 58. Now I'm a huge fan and realized I have been missing out all these years.

Still a blue guitar guy with a close second choice wood tones of some sort, but now have a soft spot for goldtops and any solid color PRS is just sexy.

too bad it doesn't have starlas. just sayin'

I’ve still got them chillin. Waiting for a Thinline for 1 set. I’ll have to find what to do with the other set.

The Polymaths are the best sounding pickups I’ve had in this guitar. The early 57/08 & 59/09 that are in my Spruce was also really good in this one too.

I love vibrant colours, but I think I will grow bored of them quick enough. Tastefull is the answer for me. McC burst is a lovely classic on my CU24, black will work very well too (my McSoapy) and I love my dark cherry CU22.

The peacock blue HB2 SE is a version of tastefull blue.

i find it interesting that so far no respondents have favored yellows and clownbursts. I love guitars that look like they are on fire, burning from the inside out, but normally they either have too much yellow and then a drastic change to red (like Ronald mcdonald), or there is too much orange with not enough yellow in the center.

I gravitate to the wooden grains in the natural bursts/brown to clear/smokebursts/boyd bursts/antique bursts. Currently I do not own one. But I would certainly prefer them.

With dye finishes I tend to like things that are primary colors, specifically reds and yellows - or any blend in between. Solid colors...hmmm, no preference, except I LOATHE black guitars. Transparent finishes? Simple, classic bursts.

So, really not ONE color...

Right now my "color" ranges include:

** Sparkles: Pink, Blue, Green
** Neons: Yellow
** Trans/dyes: Black (ugh, on my Warwick - I am thinking of sanding off the finish since it is ash with a flamed top), Black Gold Burst, Aquaburst, Black burst, 3 color sunburst
** Solids: Sand, Gold Top

I want to get a white guitar this year. Probably a Charvel.....

i find it interesting that so far no respondents have favored yellows and clownbursts. I love guitars that look like they are on fire, burning from the inside out, but normally they either have too much yellow and then a drastic change to red (like Ronald mcdonald), or there is too much orange with not enough yellow in the center.
There have been a few of us say in here that we really like the PRS Dark Cherry Burst finishes. We just don't consider them clown bursts. To me the clown burst is more of a Gibson thing where there is a drastic change from yellow to red. I consider my burst guitars to be more grounded in the red color in them. My Dark Cherry CU22 is more of a gold color in the center and not yellow.

I have one in Livingston Lemon Drop and another in Faded McCarty Burst. Those guitars are much more yellow.

There have been a few of us say in here that we really like the PRS Dark Cherry Burst finishes. We just don't consider them clown bursts. To me the clown burst is more of a Gibson thing where there is a drastic change from yellow to red. I consider my burst guitars to be more grounded in the red color in them. My Dark Cherry CU22 is more of a gold color in the center and not yellow.

I have one in Livingston Lemon Drop and another in Faded McCarty Burst. Those guitars are much more yellow.
i had a singlecut, gorgeous quilt, in dark cherry burst. imho, not enough yellow transitioning to gold>orange>red, but i agree it was no clownburst. however, my dgt is a total clownburst that goes from heavy yellow to red without any gold or orange

i had a singlecut, gorgeous quilt, in dark cherry burst. imho, not enough yellow transitioning to gold>orange>red, but i agree it was no clownburst. however, my dgt is a total clownburst that goes from heavy yellow to red without any gold or orange
I have seen a few DGTs that are the old Cherry Burst and they all look like a clown burst. The Dark Cherry Burst fixed all of the problems I had with the standard Cherry Burst finish.

Back