• purple, lilac, iris

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • red, pinks

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • yellow (includes clownburst)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • orange

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • brown, tan, (includes tobacco and mccart burst)

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

watelessness

what is your favorite MAIN guitar color?

imperfect question, and somewhat bounded by the number of possible poll responses, but toward which main color do you gravitate?

I went with brown/burst just because my main gigging guitars are my Black Gold 35th Anniversary Custom 24 and my Tortoise Shell Custom 22. I must say though, I've always had a soft spot for blue PRS guitars, my favorites there are definitely Blue Matteo (from the 2000's, not the current version), Makena Blue, Crab Blue and River Blue.

I ended up gravitating towards goldtops.... wasn't always my favorite, but picking out a single color/finish option from the PRS rainbow might be too hard for me. So, I always end up just pulling the trigger on goldtops... YMMV
I do have a bit of a soft spot for gold tops too...in fact, my first PRS (which I still have) is a 1997 CE 22 Maple Top with Dragon I pickups in Old Gold Metallic. I love that specific shade of gold that PRS did, I'm not crazy about the more yellow shades of gold that are floating around more recently.

I've long been a fan of cherry sunbursts (think Ace Frehley Les Pauls) and goldtops. With a nod to Ace's tobacco bursts as well.

So what do I have? Two cherry sunbursts (one is a PRS, so it's dark cherry sunburst), two goldtops, one tobacco sunburst (again a PRS, so it's not quite the classic look). And a bunch of blue ones. Seriously - if you count Northern Lights in the blue family, I have something like 7 or 8 blue guitars.

Hard to pick just one color. I had a bunch of cherry burst guitars from various builders at one point. I didn't realize I had gravitated to those. I have 5 guitars out in my room right now. Here are the colors.

Copperhead Burst
Dark Cherry Sunburst
McCarty Burst
Royal Blue Metallic
Fire Red Burst

I guess from these listed, a few of them are based in red. One is more yellow and one is blue. I like red and blue. I also like variety.

I've just remembered, one of my favorite finishes in the brownish category was Autumn Sky.

Main color would be the wood-toned hues such as tobacco, burnt ambers, McCarty, etc. They just work well. But I suppose if I could "rank favorites in order," then there'd be several others vying for that 2nd/3rd place spot.

Would be interesting to see how this poll fares against this older one here:

All Of Them...i Know, i Have Problems.

I Like Yellow Tiger. In 5 Seconds That May Change To A Different Color. Typically I Like Warm Toned Colors A Lot. I Like Loud Too! Like I Said, I Like Them All Except That Charcoal Red Burst Thing And Clown Burst.

Back