Lawn Care

We just don't ***** about each other's lawns. Except for Markie and Steve.

Ooops! I was thinking about starting a lawn care thread because I hated how it kept me away from the Forum. Talked lawns with jfb Sunday.

I thought we covered this in the "beer" thread...If you don't cut yer lawn, you can't have any beer...how can you have any beer if you don't cut yer lawn...BTW I love cutting my lawn...frickin weirdo!!

So here is my problem. This was the first summer I was on the Forum. I found that yard work seriously cuts into my Forum/PRS surfing time. If I pay someone to do yard work, it cuts into my guitar budget. There was a brief period where I convinced my son using all the power tools was fun, but it didn't take him long to learn it was still work. I haven't told him about minimum wage and child labor laws so I still have a little time, but it won't last.

So what do most of you do?

Take pride and joy in yard work?

Pay someone?

Don't have a yard?

So here is my problem. This was the first summer I was on the Forum. I found that yard work seriously cuts into my Forum/PRS surfing time. If I pay someone to do yard work, it cuts into my guitar budget. There was a brief period where I convinced my son using all the power tools was fun, but it didn't take him long to learn it was still work. I haven't told him about minimum wage and child labor laws so I still have a little time, but it won't last.

Pay someone?

Don't have a yard?

I used to have a yard. But when the kids all left home, went to college, and then graduated, I thought, "WTF do I need this big house and all the headaches for?"

And I got a condo. I guess I pay for the lawn service as part of the dues, but I don't have to think about it. It's great. I'm way too old for lawn work.

Get off my lawn.

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Pay someone?

Don't have a yard?

We got a guy...

I mowed lawns (5-6 a week) from the time I was 12 until I could drive and get a real job. Plus, I'm allergic to cut grass. If I never mow another lawn, it'll be just fine...

Jamie

I didn't have a son just because I wanted to increase the population...

I didn't have a son just because I wanted to increase the population...

I don't know about you, but what I was after was what genteel people used to call a "climax." Not necessarily offspring.

Maybe I'm just not a very good planner. :confused:

I wouldn't say I find any joy in it, but I do feel a sense of satisfaction looking out at the freshly mowed grass. Well--I did take joy in pouring gasoline down a yellow jacket nest after one of those bastards stung me.

The worst part about my property is there are too many hedges to trim. One of these days, I'd love to simplify the landscaping.

allergies and asthma so i dont mow any longer. wife did for a while, even bought herself a tractor. now she outsources. she learned well. :laugh:

My first purchase when we moved into our current home was a John Deere lawn tractor. I stuck a beer in the cup holder and a cigar in my mouth, cranked up some tunes on the music device and rode up and down and all around happy as can be. Now I sit on the patio with a beer on the arm rest and a cigar in my mouth and watch "my lawn guy" ride up and down and all around. Some things do get better with age.

Aside: I think I'm having a Les moment as we are townhouse shopping. The only remaining benefit to the big house and land is I can turn the amp up as loud as I want.

Last edited:
Back