Lawn Care

It is leaf removal time again. We have oaks which have more acidic leaves. Trying to get them up with the mower/bagger actually just ended up mulching half of the into the grass killing it over time.

We now have new grass and a new strategy for leaf removal:

Stihl BR550.

Anyone believing that the cup-sized-receptical on a tractor is a cup holder, is sadly mistaken. It's a multi-thousand dollar beer de-fizzer. :cheers:So much for two hands on the wheel.

The 'services' around here are a bunch of lazy SOBs that won't cut my lawn because my fence gate isn't 6' wide. If they can't get the big deck out there, they won't do it. And all of the neighborhood kids have grown up and gone to school. With the drought conditions we've had over the past few years, it's going to take a concerted effort to get my yard back in shape. So it looks like I'm expanding my fence gate.

Anyone want to buy a Cub Cadet?

The key to the business process success is certain irreplaceable components. First of all, data and materials are required for each process step. Secondly, an algorithm is needed, a process, which people or software could follow. Finally, a result must be defined towards which efforts are made, time is spent and data is used. And all this needs to be done through the right software, now I am thinking to choose managemart but I am also trying to find something else useful.

I think u bin h4x0r3d m8.

Anyone want to buy a Cub Cadet?
I wish. I have a zero turn and would much rather have a garden tractor. I inherited this when mom passed and she had 3 acres. I have 1 and can mow it in 30 minutes but it SUCKS if it's wet at all and is not nearly as versatile for attachments and so forth. Example, I have huge trees and used to mow up all my leaves in fall when my Troybuilt had a dual bagger on the back.

I was a professional lawn care owner in Texas for 25 yrs. That was enough for me. I will mow my small Hawaiian weed lawn, but the rest, I gets peoples to do it. Right behind my backyard fence is a100 foot terraced cliff that I've almost fallen off of a couple of times. Time for the youngsters to clear the Hale Koa (Mesquite) and let me drink beer on my lanai while watching them...;-) Lucky for me, Hawaiians aren't as particular about manicured lawns as mainlanders are..even then the OCD in me makes sure everything is edged and clean, that part I just can't help myself...;-) Unfortunately, it's year round work. There is no real winter hear to give you a break. My avatar shows my lanai cover and sunset. What you don't see is the fence and the drop off to infinity...

Mowing the lawn sucks. Even with beer involved.

The last time mowing the lawn was cool, I was 7. Dad would mow a "track" in the backyard for me to ride my Big Wheel in. Then he'd go off and mow the front and sides before obliterating my fun. I started mowing it at 12. That's why I live in a townhouse!

I wish. I have a zero turn and would much rather have a garden tractor. I inherited this when mom passed and she had 3 acres. I have 1 and can mow it in 30 minutes but it SUCKS if it's wet at all and is not nearly as versatile for attachments and so forth. Example, I have huge trees and used to mow up all my leaves in fall when my Troybuilt had a dual bagger on the back.
Dual bagger, check. Huge trees with a gazillion leaves in the fall, check. An acre of grass, check. The Cub worked admirably. Now I pay someone else to futz with it because, frankly, f@cckk that!

I am trying to get the landscaping and lawn to look better so I can get some better guitar shots.
Natural Fertilizer ( Ringers ) is helping and lots of seed. is making up for years of bad lawn service and neglect.
As you get older a good lawn is more important I guess.

I hope Just Rob comes back, even though it obligates me to mow his lawn.

Back