Know of any Remaining Lunar Ice SS’s Available?

prs19

I waited too long to email my favorite dealers that’s I’ve bought from in the past on this one.

After those dealers confirmed they had sold their allotment I started emailing the other signature dealers to see if any had one still available.

Through this thread found out Willcutt is doing a raffle for at least one of their allotment. Looks like a great color!!!

Last edited:
Yes I can think of a few dealers who would do that, at least 3 of them come to mind...

Willcutt setup a raffle to win the chance to buy one (at MAP), it's on their website's home page. Might be worth giving it a shot if you want one; there's no commitment if you change your mind later on.

Last edited:
I waited too long to email my favorite dealers that’s I’ve bought from in the past on this one.

After those dealers confirmed they had sold their allotment I started emailing the other signature dealers to see if any had one still available.

Well after about 12 no answers I found a yes. Only trouble is they are asking almost double MAP. Very disappointed. I expected quite a few individuals to try this on Reverb/eBay. Wasn’t expecting a dealer but I guess supply/demand at play. Guess this PRS fan will just have to sit this one out too. :(
Yeah, it can get very aggressive around NAMM / Experience time. It helps to either be physically with a dealer or on the phone with one during the actual announcements. Exceptionally desirable things can sell out in mere seconds, and a few dealers can get a little greedy. FWIW, I refuse to work with dealers that do that regardless of what amazing things may have access to.

A great recent example of this sort of slimeball madness was on Reverb during a recent special pedal promotion in conjunction with Death By Audio, Chase Bliss, Earthquaker Devices and Z Vex effects. A limited run of co-developed pedals sold out in hours and some stores immediately started charging 4x for the ones they were able to get. Reverb had to come in and stop all used sales of the pedals until things cooled down. It got pretty ugly.

Yes I can think of a few dealers who would do that, at least 3 of them come to mind...

Willcutt setup a raffle to win the chance to buy one (at MAP), it's on their website's home page. Might be worth giving it a shot if you want one; there's no commitment if you change your mind later on.
Thanks for the heads up! Just put my name in the hat at Willcutt.

Well, I try to look at it as a good problem to have. Great guitar, PRS is doing great, and an artist is well pleased with both of the latter. The dealers are in an awkward spot. Why should they be forced to sell at MAP if the customer can flip it for crazy money. Why should they be screwed out of that profit. No rule says the dealer is required to sell for MAP. Why should the dealers be villainized or victimized by consumers. They are in a position they alone have the rights for, and that is for their consideration alone. Afterall it is their income for their profit margins. Do they make the typical markup, or do they capitalize on the advantage that has come upon them. Again, a good problem to have.

Complaining to Mayer is the best bet, He said himself he did not want customers to be unhappy after the Nebula run. He said this no less in the Lunar Ice release the other night. Obviously he failed his objective. So tell him. The other option is for someone who does not like the situation to open a store, get a PRS distribution and see what you do with your demand items. Likely no different I would guess. Again, opening a PRS guitar store is a god problem to have, if it is a problem at all.

I was hopeful PRS would use one of their previous successful release methods, and that is to have an order window limited only by the orders received in an alloted time frame. I must default that PRS negotiated the release method that the artist preferred, which is PRS's prerogative to oblige. I may get one at MAP. If I do not, it is not a dealers fault and certainly not mine. It is just the way it is. I personally am not buying Mayer's BS about not wanting fans/customers to be angry. He knew it was going to be hot and I know he is not naïve enough to think otherwise. I am not trying to flame anyone here. Just the opposite actually. It is all fair turnabout. Complain to Mayer or open your own store. Eitherway, that is even still a good problem to have. God bless!

Why should they be forced to sell at MAP if the customer can flip it for crazy money. Why should they be screwed out of that profit.

They are certainly free to do it, it always says a lot about their mindset.
It's true they are not forcing anyone to pay 2x the price; if they don't manage to sell it it'll drop in price.
And if anyone is willing to pay that much for a fancy looking paint job it's hard for me to have an outpouring of sympathy for the buyer.

If I were in their shoes, and could put an extra $2.7k towards retirement with a single sale, I admit I'd be awfully tempted to do it. Being a business owner, especially in that industry is likely not easy.

As a customer though I find they give PRS a bad reputation.
I'm looking forward to knowing which store it is (in PM, not posted publicly), so I can put them on my "no shop" list; saves me a lot of time when searching for gear.

I already put in that basket a shop listing a Dragon 35th anniversary at 1.5x MAP...
That one was out for money trying to convince me it's still a good deal (nope) since it'll be worth $100k in 10-20years (double/triple nope).
I'd have been more pleased if he had just told me he gets so few opportunities to screw customers that he couldn't resist trying to make an additional $8.5k of profit...

Last edited:
I hear you and I understand. I say the beef would be with Mayer. Mayer has even acknowledged it. Again the beef is with Mayer, if anyone. I think Paul was very kind to do another difficult color for his artist. So I do not feel it is on PRS. I want one and have to suck it up that it may not happen. PRS is simply reaping the benefits of 35 years of a quality reputation with their products. The fact that this great reputation has spawned a sensational demand for one of their products is a great problem to have. Many books have been written on how to become successful. I have never seen or heard of a damn one that tells how to stay successful. It is a growth process that is only learned by the ones who risk venturing the path. The only valued critic is any one who traveled that path before them or even as much, after them. Around other great successful companies and people sharing lessons learned is a great problem to have. The dealers to some degree or another are on the same path. They alone determine what is appropriate. If there greed burns them, that will be known as much as their success in balancing a higher sales margin for well-managing a demand product. Kudos to them if they sell for a reasonably thought out higher price. They have the store, I do not. Likely not a Silver Sky Lunar Ice either, but I can think of worse things I am glad I do not have.

I was at a dealer the morning after the announcement and their phone was ringing like crazy. Their allotment was spoken for within 30 minutes and they were selling at list with 50% deposit due to hold and remainder on shipping. After an hour they had another 15 on a waitlist just in case someone backed out. Most of the callers placing orders were known to the dealer.

What I really loved was the dealers’s integrity. One person left a voice mail that they wanted to buy 3. The dealer didn’t know the individual but had a sneaky suspicion the caller just wanted to flip. They decided to make 3 regular customers happy and didn’t bother returning the call.

If you’re lucky enough to have a dealer near you, build a relationship with them and when these limited runs appear, you just might score. And FWIW, I was just there for a new amp but they did ask me if I wanted to order one as soon as I walked in the door.

If you’re lucky enough to have a dealer near you, build a relationship with them and when these limited runs appear, you just might score. And FWIW, I was just there for a new amp but they did ask me if I wanted to order one as soon as I walked in the door.

Exactly, and it doesn't even have to be near you.
I have a close relationship with one of the dealers I shop at (too) frequently and was given given the chance to be the 1st one to reserve one.
I see other stores like Ish who reserved most (or all) of them for their best customers as well; that's a great and fair way to do it I think with such a high demand. Willcutt's raffle is cool as well.

Time for a public shaming?- :)
That'd be inappropriate, it's their right to sell it at 2-3x the price if they so choose.
I'm however interested to know which dealer that is via PM.

Sorry folks. This isn’t what I meant for the thread. I was hoping someone on here would have a lead for me at a local dealer. I’ve asked a moderator to close or delete the thread out of respect for the forum and not having any negativity towards anyone due to a post I made.

Willcutt doing the raffle is awesome. I signed up and if I’m drawn, then it was meant to be! :)

Note: yesterday I saw 5-6 of the lunar ice on Reverb at crazy prices, today I see none. I wonder if they actually sold, or if Reverb took the listings out for some reason; the former is more likely (sadly).

They were removed by Reverb as they violate their listing rules for second hand items.

I have a bass in the same finish, bought because there were some vintage features on the model, not because of the color (MM Sledge Bass). The hype over this finish makes me scratch my head.

It strikes me as no big deal. Might be worth lining up for if there was something functionally different about the guitar, but it's the same thing as the standard models. WTF?

On the other hand, I'll sell you my bass for One Million Dollars. And it's got a provenance, because it made it to any number of national ad tracks. I'll even sign it if you want, and personally deliver it once I get my vaccine. Just like the JHS guy with his Genghis Klon #1. Only for the extra $500K I'm asking, I'll show up wearing my underwear, carrying an umbrella, and doing a jig on your front porch. ;)

Sounds awesome, right? Don't all call at once...

Last edited:
Exceptionally desirable things can sell out in mere seconds, and a few dealers can get a little greedy. FWIW, I refuse to work with dealers that do that regardless of what amazing things may have access to.

As a customer though I find they give PRS a bad reputation.

Had my share with this with the Nebula release and and now this. I like the idea from above regarding to have an order window limited only by the orders received in an allotted time frame, similar to Experience 2018 with the Special Semi Hollow release. Not limited edition per se, but limited in order window. But then again, it's now a Core release. So who knows anymore. Anything can always change.

I honestly don't think Mayer or PRS could have done anything better, besides not offering any at all.

There were 469 brand new Silver Sky listed on Reverb in the US alone as of yesterday night.
Many of them have been sitting for a while, and any sale of a limited SS run makes them sit even longer.
While the limited window things seems appealing to us, it would put dealers with existing SS inventory in a bad spot (and delay the introduction of new colors next year for the same reason). It's an ecosystem where PRS wants their dealers to be successful and their customers happy.

Back