Keeley AT (Andy Timmons) Mod Overdrive Pedal

I got to spend a little time with the pedals last night. I am going to need to spend at least an hour more playing with these. The first one I tried was the JHS. Oh man! I really like that pedal. If that one ends up on my board someone is going to thing I am a huge Andy Timmons fan because I will have the same configuration he has for dirt pedals, the JHS and two Keeley ATs. It is possible that I end up there. Then I plugged in The Engine. Man, this one is pretty killer too. I am comparing them to the Friedman Dirty Shirley that has been on my board for a while. They all sound very different in the mid range. That is why I am going to need a good bit more play time on them. Once I feel like I have a favorite, I am going to fire up a couple of other amps and test them through those to get to the final winner.

I got to spend a little time with the pedals last night. I am going to need to spend at least an hour more playing with these. The first one I tried was the JHS. Oh man! I really like that pedal. If that one ends up on my board someone is going to thing I am a huge Andy Timmons fan because I will have the same configuration he has for dirt pedals, the JHS and two Keeley ATs. It is possible that I end up there. Then I plugged in The Engine. Man, this one is pretty killer too. I am comparing them to the Friedman Dirty Shirley that has been on my board for a while. They all sound very different in the mid range. That is why I am going to need a good bit more play time on them. Once I feel like I have a favorite, I am going to fire up a couple of other amps and test them through those to get to the final winner.
My Work Is Complete...:cool:

I Have 2 KTR's In A Box Just Hanging Out As The One I Have Doesn't Get Much Use For What I Do....... If They Keep Going Up In Price Maybe One Day I Can Sell Them And Buy Something Else I Don't Need...LOL.

Sold my last one a while back, and bought a KOT - which I use pretty much all the time :)

I pulled out a couple of other guitars that I tend to gig with and have spent a little more time with the three pedals, Friedman Dirty Shirley, JHS @ and DryBell The Engine. I am hearing things a little different with different guitars. Two of them have 57/08s in them. That changed things a bit. I am honestly really liking all three of these pedals for different reasons. I have some great tones coming out of all three of them. I am completely undecided at which will end up on my pedalboard at this point. They are all three really holding their own at this point.

I pulled out a couple of other guitars that I tend to gig with and have spent a little more time with the three pedals, Friedman Dirty Shirley, JHS @ and DryBell The Engine. I am hearing things a little different with different guitars. Two of them have 57/08s in them. That changed things a bit. I am honestly really liking all three of these pedals for different reasons. I have some great tones coming out of all three of them. I am completely undecided at which will end up on my pedalboard at this point. They are all three really holding their own at this point.
I Always Try Giving Good Advice. ;)

That Advice At Times Can Be Expensive Though...:D

Let's add the fifth pedal for me in just over a month for me to the conversation. I now have a Hot Cake on the way... I tell myself that pedals are smaller and cheaper and easier to store than guitars and amps to it is all good... :)
I Have Lied To Myself Like That In All Guitar The Categories. Nw On To Drums! o_O

I Have Lied To Myself Like That In All Guitar The Categories. Nw On To Drums! o_O
It might not be over yet... I have been looking into compressors a bit more. I own a Keeley 4 knob and a Keeley Compressor +. I really like the Keeley Compressor Pro. I have been looking at another compressor that Keeley makes that is more like a studio compressor. I feel like the Compressor + is a good pedal for my application and I like it better than the 4 knob. However, I really like compressors that you can't really hear working so that means I will probably buy another one at some point. I have been mostly focused on pedals that are more like a studio compressor since that is what I really like. I have found pedals from Keeley and MXR in this range but have not explored others yet.

It might not be over yet... I have been looking into compressors a bit more. I own a Keeley 4 knob and a Keeley Compressor +. I really like the Keeley Compressor Pro. I have been looking at another compressor that Keeley makes that is more like a studio compressor. I feel like the Compressor + is a good pedal for my application and I like it better than the 4 knob. However, I really like compressors that you can't really hear working so that means I will probably buy another one at some point. I have been mostly focused on pedals that are more like a studio compressor since that is what I really like. I have found pedals from Keeley and MXR in this range but have not explored others yet.
Source Audio, Origin Effects And Empress Are All Nice. Have You Looked Into Them?

Source Audio, Origin Effects And Empress Are All Nice. Have You Looked Into Them?
I have started looking into some of those. I am thinking that a threshold is an important thing to have for what I am looking for. Another feature that may be good for me is to be able to select between a hard and soft knee compression. I have a couple of Keeley compressors, an old 4 knob and the Compressor Plus. I definitely like the plus better. I pulled the 4 knob from my board and put the plus on it. It is better but still a little more noticable than what I would like it to be. I am sort of playing both sides of the fence. I prefer a compressor that I can't hear working but there are times when I want to use it as an effect and want to hear it.

I have started looking into some of those. I am thinking that a threshold is an important thing to have for what I am looking for. Another feature that may be good for me is to be able to select between a hard and soft knee compression. I have a couple of Keeley compressors, an old 4 knob and the Compressor Plus. I definitely like the plus better. I pulled the 4 knob from my board and put the plus on it. It is better but still a little more noticable than what I would like it to be. I am sort of playing both sides of the fence. I prefer a compressor that I can't hear working but there are times when I want to use it as an effect and want to hear it.
I Think You Would Like The Ones I Suggested. The Source Audio Gives A Lot To Work With In All The Right Ways.

Let's add the fifth pedal for me in just over a month for me to the conversation. I now have a Hot Cake on the way... I tell myself that pedals are smaller and cheaper and easier to store than guitars and amps to it is all good... :)

I predict you're going to like it. But you'll need AT LEAST an hour with it.

It and the the Klon KTR or J Rockett "Jeff" (same pedal?) are my three favorite OD pedals.

I predict you're going to like it. But you'll need AT LEAST an hour with it.

It and the the Klon KTR or J Rockett "Jeff" (same pedal?) are my three favorite OD pedals.
It showed up yesterday. I have had to go into the office for a few days for a big project I am working on so I didn't have a lot of time to really experiment with it. My first go around with it left me not sure I really like it but I did find a few tones in it that interested me. This pedal reacts like no other OD I have plugged into. It is like when I turn my guitar volume all the way up the tone gets darker and fatter. When I turn my guitar volume down it seems to take low end out and brighten up a bit. I can see this being something to experiment with. I had read that these are really their own thing when it comes to ODs.

It showed up yesterday. I have had to go into the office for a few days for a big project I am working on so I didn't have a lot of time to really experiment with it. My first go around with it left me not sure I really like it but I did find a few tones in it that interested me. This pedal reacts like no other OD I have plugged into. It is like when I turn my guitar volume all the way up the tone gets darker and fatter. When I turn my guitar volume down it seems to take low end out and brighten up a bit. I can see this being something to experiment with. I had read that these are really their own thing when it comes to ODs.
I hope you like it. I guess it’s dependent on the music you like. It does the ZZ Top bluesy boogie thing really well. Back off on the Drive and it does Allman Brothers stuff well. I’m a blues/rock player so it suits me to a T. Hopefully it’ll grow on you.

I hope you like it. I guess it’s dependent on the music you like. It does the ZZ Top bluesy boogie thing really well. Back off on the Drive and it does Allman Brothers stuff well. I’m a blues/rock player so it suits me to a T. Hopefully it’ll grow on you.
I am a blues, rock, country player. I play everything from super clean to the upper end of medium gain. I have only tried it for a short while into a modified Fender Vibrolux amp. The amp can make all the difference in the world with these things. I heard some things I liked. It has an interesting response when turning up and down. There is a pretty wide range of gain in it too. That is pretty cool. It has a fuzz quality to it on the higher end of the gain. Fuzz pedals tend to not sound good through Fender circuits. Put them through a Marshall and it is a completely different story. I have a Friedman Twin Sister that I will try it through when I get a chance. I am expecting a different result through that amp.

As a side note, the vendor had three of these in stock when I found it. The other two sold before mine showed up at the house. I am not sure how long they had them but I don't see any out there for sale new now and the prices on these are almost double what I paid for mine and the ones at that price are the old version and some are beat up pretty bad at that price. The price I was able to get this at is the reason I bought it. I have wanted to try one of these for many years but didn't like the prices I have seen on them.

Back