Keeley AT (Andy Timmons) Mod Overdrive Pedal

Yes! SLO’s will do this to you.
My SLO-100 ain’t going anywhere.
I Have An Old 100 With A Black Chassis And Dual Gain Channels. It Sounds Amazing And I Will Never Get Rid Of It. This 30 Is Really Nice As Well. It Is Really Growing On Me And A Lifer As Well...Very Special Amp To Me.

That Is Good To Know! So Far I Have Been In Heaven With it On My SLO-30 With An Edge Of Break Up Base Tone. I Haven't Even Plugged It Into Any Of My Other Amps Because I Have Been So Happy With What I Discovered With it Sonically And Just Lived There.
Care to share settings, and a brief tonal description of the sound you're in love with?

Care to share settings, and a brief tonal description of the sound you're in love with?
A Little Bit Of This...A Little Bit Of That...Not Too Much Here...A Little More There....And That Part Is Just Right Over There Of Course With Volume To Taste. ;) (Kidding)

What Settings Are You Hoping For? Amp? Pedal? Cab Is A New Soldano 4x12. I Can Post Info Once I Know What You Are Wanting.

The Sound (And These Are In My Words And What They Mean To Me) Is A Cleanish Edge Of Break Up Crunch Type Sound With The Volume Rolled Back On The Guitar. Pretty Clean For Me For Sure. Full, Articulate, Somewhat Rounded (Nothing Harsh In Any Way) Pretty Sound. Think Andy Timmons Tone On The Pretty Stuff That Is Single Note And Slowly Picked And Allowed To Breathe. In My Mind It Is Something Like That. :)

Clear As Mud Right? ;)

This pedal is so good, I am already talking myself out of buying a second one of them. If I saw a great deal on one, I would possibly pull the trigger... This one is a big hit for me.

This pedal is so good, I am already talking myself out of buying a second one of them. If I saw a great deal on one, I would possibly pull the trigger... This one is a big hit for me.
Consider getting a J Rocket "The Jeff" pedal. It's the Klon Jeff Beck had been using for a year or two before he passed.

It equals the Klon KTR.

And the Keeley and J Rocket sound great together.

I checked Reverb and the one that I made the offer on has been put up to the full retail price. Interesting. Their counter offer back to me would be a decent amount off of this pedal. The price the gave me is almost 20% off, in case anyone is in the market and wants to try them for the discount.

Do It! I Got 3 Of Them. I Love The Pedal And I Believe Keeley Only Made 1000 Of Them So When They Are Gone They Are Gone. I Am Tempted To Get More Myself To Have For A Rainy Day.

Do It! I Got 3 Of Them. I Love The Pedal And I Believe Keeley Only Made 1000 Of Them So When They Are Gone They Are Gone. I Am Tempted To Get More Myself To Have For A Rainy Day.
I don't know how many batches they are releasing of them or how big the batches are. I know they are on the second batch now. There are a lot more of them on the market now than there were when I bought mine around a week ago. There are a couple of used ones on Reverb for around what I paid for the one I bought.

Does the quest ever end? Good grief! There's a few pedals I'm interested in and now this one comes along!

Maybe someone here can help me. Two other pedals I'm interested in are from Barber Electronics. The Gain Changer and the Direct Drive. I've listened to demo's of both and while I really like what I hear I'm having trouble hearing what the difference is between the two. Anyone have any experience with both?

Looking for that strong, crisp top end (not fizzy) and that tight underlying bottom end crunch. If I had to put it into words, think of the guitar tone on Van Halen II. Please understand I'm not trying to copy Eddie's tone but I like the idea of having something that would help me get closer to that ballpark.

Trust me, I know there a a lot of variables that contribute to a particular tone and that's why I'm not trying to copy.

Just want to get a little closer to help me call it "mine."

Does the quest ever end? Good grief! There's a few pedals I'm interested in and now this one comes along!

Maybe someone here can help me. Two other pedals I'm interested in are from Barber Electronics. The Gain Changer and the Direct Drive. I've listened to demo's of both and while I really like what I hear I'm having trouble hearing what the difference is between the two. Anyone have any experience with both?

Looking for that strong, crisp top end (not fizzy) and that underlying bottom end crunch. If I had to put it into words, think of the guitar tone on Van Halen II. Please understand I'm not trying to copy Eddie's tone but I like the idea of having something that would help me get closer to that ballpark.

Trust me, I know there a a lot of variables that contribute to a particular tone and that's why I'm not trying to copy.

The Keeley AT does get a tone a bit like that. Elastic. Kind of squishy and mallable (not overly...) so you can shape your tone with your pick and your fingers and squ-e-e-e-ze those notes out.

Last edited:

Looking for that strong, crisp top end (not fizzy) and that tight underlying bottom end crunch. If I had to put it into words, think of the guitar tone on Van Halen II. Please understand I'm not trying to copy Eddie's tone but I like the idea of having something that would help me get closer to that ballpark.

I am kind of an OD junkie. I have the Gain Changer as well as the Compact Direct Drive. My theory is that if I try an OD pedal and I like it, I keep it. There will be a day when that pedal will be the one that delivers the tone I am looking for. I haven't had the pedal board out that at least one of these pedals is on for quite some time. I may have to pull them back out and hook them up in the little test situation I have going on right now for the AT pedal. The Direct Drive from what I remember really delivers that Marshall tone. I have seen it called a Marshall in a box. The Gain Changer from what I remember compared more to the OCD. It has a few switches on it to tailor the tone.

Liking This Pedal With Both The XTC And SLO. The More I Spend Time With This Pedal The More I Love It.

I just worked out a deal on a second of this pedal. I have been comparing this to other ODs I have and like. It has an openness to it and a response that is just better than the others I like. It doesn't have the mid hump of the Red Dirt pedals. My plan is to have one set to the AT side and the other set to Phat for use with my HSS guitars. Then I can swap to any of my guitars and have a pedal for that pickup configuration.

AT number 2 showed up today. Man, with two of these, one set to AT and the other set to Phat, they sound so good with my HSS Custom Suhr Standard. They are doing exactly what I figured they would do after playing through the first one I bought. I got pretty decent deals on both of them so I am really feeling good about these.

These two pedals are going to be the new foundation of my pedal board. I set them at about 1 o'clock on the gain and level them to match the clean amp and use the volume knob to bring the gain and volume up and down. These things are so responsive to volume adjustments. I absolutely love that.

After I played through the first one for a while, I couldn't decide if I wanted it set to AT of Phat. One setting sounded great with the humbucker in my guitar and the other sounded great with the single coils. Well, I solved that problem... :)

AT number 2 showed up today. Man, with two of these, one set to AT and the other set to Phat, they sound so good with my HSS Custom Suhr Standard. They are doing exactly what I figured they would do after playing through the first one I bought. I got pretty decent deals on both of them so I am really feeling good about these.

These two pedals are going to be the new foundation of my pedal board. I set them at about 1 o'clock on the gain and level them to match the clean amp and use the volume knob to bring the gain and volume up and down. These things are so responsive to volume adjustments. I absolutely love that.

After I played through the first one for a while, I couldn't decide if I wanted it set to AT of Phat. One setting sounded great with the humbucker in my guitar and the other sounded great with the single coils. Well, I solved that problem... :)
Jason, if you haven't owned a J Rocket "The Jeff" you owe it to yourself to try one.

It's the Klon that J Rockett made for Jeff Beck and which Jeff had on his board.

They're a steal.

Sounds just like Klon KTR.

I have a couple stacked on my board.

NICE!!!

I don't tend to keep pedals that I don't use.

After the initial rush (the AT Mod really is a great sounding, touch sensitive pedal) I've returned to using my long time favorites: J Rocket Jeff or Klon KTR and Hot Cake.

I'll probably put the AT on Reverb eventually.

Nothing wrong with its sound except that it's not really my sound...altho I had a blast playing it for awhile.

Guess I'm still chasing that "cranked Marshall" sound I grew up loving, but at lower, less ear damaging, volume than we used in the 60's and 70's.

MY HDRX 20 and my long time favorite pedals can do that.

But I'm still using (and loving!) the Halo delay.

Haven't used my Strymon Timeline since getting the Halo.

But the Strymon isn't going anywhere. It's a keeper.

Eventually I'll put it back on my board.

I'm using the Halo instead because it's small and leaves more room on my pedalboard.

The Strymon takes up the space of three Halos!

Last edited:
I don't tend to keep pedals that I don't use.

After the initial rush (the AT Mod really is a great sounding, touch sensitive pedal) I've returned to using my long time favorites: J Rocket Jeff or Klon KTR and Hot Cake.

I'll probably put the AT on Reverb eventually.

Nothing wrong with its sound except that it's not really my sound...altho I had a blast playing it for awhile.

Guess I'm still chasing that "cranked Marshall" sound I grew up loving, but at lower, less ear damaging, volume than we used in the 60's and 70's.

MY HDRX 20 and my long time favorite pedals can do that.

But I'm still using (and loving!) the Halo delay.

Haven't used my Strymon Timeline since getting the Halo.

But the Strymon isn't going anywhere. It's a keeper.

Eventually I'll put it back on my board.

I'm using the Halo instead because it's small and leaves more room on my pedalboard.

The Strymon takes up the space of three Halos!
Have You Tried The DryBell Engine?

Back