Just for fun ... My 8.2 lb? semi-hollow

the.hatter

Really enjoying this guitar, but I thought semi-hollows were supposed to be light lol.

Maybe 8+ lb is normal? Maybe the S2 semi-hollow isn't really that hollow? I figured 8.2 lb is probably on the heavier side of average, not that it really matters for any reason other than a curiosity.

image.jpeg

Just a quick, semi-grainy pic.

Batman?

That does strike me as somewhat heavy for a semi-hollow. Maybe it's just the f-hole? I'M KIDDING!

Honestly have no idea...

That is heavy from what I've observed on the S2 Semis, but would be light for the solid version. High end on those seems to be about 9 pounds.

Well I discovered something new about the guitar tonight, it breathes!

Had a 25w amp turned up pretty loud, on a red modern channel, so not exactly what this guitar is made for (but mix in some delay and a lot of fun for me). Then I feel something breathing on the forearm of my pick hand - the dog? Cat? I was pretty sure I chased them out of the room first. My 4 year old (we wear hearing protection at this volume, he plays his mini drums)?

No, it was air coming out of the f-hole! There was also manageable feedback. Cool :)

I find im pretty happy with most any guitar when i get to crank my amps. FWIW a lot my favorites have some quirk like being kind of heavy or very light or not the nicest top...my point being the magic ones often don't come in the package we hope for or expect. Enjoy your guitar!

Unholy carp, that's pretty loud! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nice guitar!
Most S2 SC SH I've seen were around 7.0

Take a look around the online shops of some renowned PRS dealers, most show the weight of their models.
8.2 is something I normally would expect on a non weight relived SC or a Tremonti, mine was around 8.3

Been looking for SH for quite some time, because I really like the SC shape, but my back doesn't like their typical weight anymore :-(

Back