John Mayer SE

Can't wait to get my Stone Blue SS. One of the best guitars I've ever owned was my PRS SE Soapbar II. The thing is, if I don't play 'em often enough, I sell them. That was the fate of the Soapbar. Had a Custom 24 too but never really bonded with it. I've had my eyes open for this SE version of what seems to be the best new incarnation of an early '60s style SSS out there. $849.00 is a lot for me. My two keepers, a Fender CIJ '62 RI bought used in Ochanamizubashi, and my open box Martin 000-15, each cost less than this SE. I hope she's a keeper. Can't wait to find out.

My favorite video of this guitar... just an honest, no-fluff, bang away at the guitar review:

I just hope Bohlinger has some color correction issues with his camera, as that twinky blue is nothing like the advertised stone blue:

nRETFp0.png

Jeans haven’t been that blue since the 80’s, he has colour issues with his camera!

I about spit out my coffee when they were talking Imperial vs. Metrics. Listening to the Captain say 7/32 as seven thirty two-ths instead of seven thirty seconds was hilarious.

He’s a glorified Essex boy! Bless him.

Back