Jeff Beck Tour

Ok, I wondered why everyone kept slamming him, but I have never seen him play so I guess it's time I go looking.

That said, if he's even solid, how cool would it be to be Jeff Beck's buddy to the point he took you on tour with him?
Or how cool would it be to have Johnny Depp sit in with your band for a few songs every night on your tour?

I mean, this is a classic rock icon playin’ for people with that kinda cash, he’s not playin’ in Kathleen Hanna’s band or Ian MacKaye’s band.

I honestly would kill for Leo as my hype man.
he’ll be the orson welles of his generation, but with less talent.
Or how cool would it be to have Johnny Depp sit in with your band for a few songs every night on your tour?

I mean, this is a classic rock icon playin’ for people with that kinda cash, he’s not playin’ in Kathleen Hanna’s band or Ian MacKaye’s band.
hardcore values! you have convinced me, the gilbert grapes can sit in on my west coast dates.

he’ll be the orson welles of his generation, but with less talent.

hardcore values! you have convinced me, the gilbert grapes can sit in on my west coast dates.
There’s still time, Leo’s story isn’t done yet, and I bet even he would concede to having less talent than Orson Wells.

It’s poignant that you mention Hardcore Values, that’s the platform I’ll be running on for Forum President this fall. I appreciate your support.

There’s still time, Leo’s story isn’t done yet, and I bet even he would concede to having less talent than Orson Wells.

It’s poignant that you mention Hardcore Values, that’s the platform I’ll be running on for Forum President this fall. I appreciate your support.
you are so sensitive sdb, i think bogdonavich would have cast you. as the o’neal against my john ritter if we got him on the right night.

and obv the hardcore values party will always get my vote.

also i bet 80% of the audienv will be pleased to see jd.

you are so sensitive sdb, i think bogdonavich would have cast you. as the o’neal against my john ritter if we got him on the right night.

and obv the hardcore values party will always get my vote.

also i bet 80% of the audienv will be pleased to see jd.
Think about the dude who’s buying JB tickets. He’s late 60’s, tan, rich AF, divorced a couple times, and finally has an age appropriate wife (she’s 40 ish). Jonny Depp is prolly what gets this woman outta the house to a concert he wants to go to.

They pay for VIP tickets, grab some surf n turf with their summer house neighbors, do the meet and greet with their Botox babes..

It’s not the worst idea.

Quick solution to the 'Johnny Depp' situation and the high ticket prices...

Load up your Blu-ray copy 'Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's' and crank it up...still the best snapshot in time of a combo on top of their game and definitely not phoning it in...

Think about the dude who’s buying JB tickets. He’s late 60’s, tan, rich AF, divorced a couple times, and finally has an age appropriate wife (she’s 40 ish). Jonny Depp is prolly what gets this woman outta the house to a concert he wants to go to.

They pay for VIP tickets, grab some surf n turf with their summer house neighbors, do the meet and greet with their Botox babes..

It’s not the worst idea.
i’m agreeing with you, and dibs on michael cera.

Michael_Cera%2C_True_That_Cover.jpg

this is why the pixies still play out right?

on second thought what is keanu doing post dogstar?

It’s not the worst idea.
Ok, I thought I was core JB market. But…

Late 60s. No
Tan, well sorta… plus freckles
Divorced a couple times. Nada
40ish wife. Nope, mid 50s
Summer house - on wheels
Botox Babes- all natural baby!

Can I still go see him? My wife doesn’t even like Johnny. But if he comes close, I’m still going.

Ok, I thought I was core JB market. But…

Late 60s. No
Tan, well sorta… plus freckles
Divorced a couple times. Nada
40ish wife. Nope, mid 50s
Summer house - on wheels
Botox Babes- all natural baby!

Can I still go see him? My wife doesn’t even like Johnny. But if he comes close, I’m still going.
It’s already been clearly established you know what’s up, you’re the only person who didn’t need convincing.

It’s already been clearly established you know what’s up, you’re the only person who didn’t need convincing.
I’m still not sure about this Johnny Depp stuff though. I mean, it’s OK with me. Heck I’d take my wife if she was into him, because whether I do or not, I get to see JEFF BECK! And I know from experience, it don’t get much better than that.

I better say now, I don’t KNOW if my wife likes Johnny Depp. Maybe I should ask.

I’ve seen Jeff about a dozen times, and he is THE Grand Master of “otherworldly sounds”, tones and unbelievably lyrical leads. He has always surrounded himself with amazing rhythm sections, and very orchestral keyboardists. During the 70’s he had some incredible bands, but they never worked out for him…for a variety of reasons. He has also done guest spots on many albums. Look up his catalog, it’s quite extensive. ( yes, I’m a lifelong fan! )
Good to see a lifelong Jeff Beck fan on this thread. Old geezers of my age group followed him since the Yardbird days. His album "Truth" with
Rod Stewart on vocals makes my top 5 best albums of all times. He has been a vanguard in advancing what an electric guitar and amp can do.
A dude who drinks as much wine as him is cool by me.
He is a cool dude. Like I said, I don't have a problem with how he lives his life. I just don't think he belongs on JB's stage.
Now if he could get Rod Stewart back in the band, I would go see that in a flash as he was the greatest vocalist I have ever heard on a Jeff Beck recordingBut, you
Yeah, Rod was perfect for those two albums. But JB getting back with Rod - I don't know, I think Beck's playing has advanced so far that I'm not sure he would dig that far back. But, you never know. If it were to happen, and they played "Truth" in it's entirety, I'd slog thru a dead-of-winter blizzard to see that show.
Maybe they’re just hangin’ out, doing some gigs to let JD find his center again. Maybe Jeff is a f@ckin homie?
I read somewhere that they are indeed homies, and if Jeff is helping to center Johnny, then good on him. But still, on stage? Sorry, but no.
That said, if he's even solid, how cool would it be to be Jeff Beck's buddy to the point he took you on tour with him?
The best! Probably the highlight of your life.

Late 60's? No, mid 70s
Tan? Does a redneck tan count? You know - face, neck, arms?
Rich? Well, I only own one PRS, so ...
Divorced twice? You got me on this one.
Age appropriate wife. Absolutely. Same age as me within 6 weeks.
Depp to get her out? No way, she hates him.
VIP tickets? Nope. See line regarding rich above.
Surf 'n turf? Nah, more like burgers & beer at Lucky's 13.
Summer house? What's that?
M&G with the botox babes? Hardly.

But, I ain't even going to see this concert, so WTF do I care who goes & what they say, do or eat? :)

Yeah, Rod was perfect for those two albums. But JB getting back with Rod - I don't know, I think Beck's playing has advanced so far that I'm not sure he would dig that far back. But, you never know. If it were to happen, and they played "Truth" in it's entirety, I'd slog thru a dead-of-winter blizzard to see that show.
I am with you Tom, dead of winter blizzard uphill barefoot on molasses to see that show! Then again, I'd do the same for any Zappa show!! I was only lucky enough to see one (1984)!!! Best wishes to Depp on his collaboration with this legend, but what I have seen so far has made me unenthusiastic, maybe that will change as he moves forward!!!!

Back