News Flash !!! Jeff Beck dies at 78 years old

Yes, the drums were a big plus for this album - the anchor for Beck's interpretation of American blues. Those drums were essential to Beck rocking the $hit out of those blues.

I never saw Jeff Beck in person, and I've always regretted that. Such a sudden and tragic loss. I'm bummed. I think I'll put on some headphones and cue up "Truth", "Blow by Blow", "Wired", and listen to music the way us boomers used to.

hink I'll put on some headphones and cue up "Truth", "Blow by Blow", "Wired", and listen to music the way us boomers used to.
Well to do it the way Boomers used to / still do ...You gotta fire up some serious power amplifiers, and serious LOUDSPEAKERS and then ... you can start to get there ... :)

I had to play Beck's, "The Final Peace" ...kinda like a Shostakovich 8th String Quartet requiem he did years
ago ... Seemed appropriate as a starting place

Last edited:
Watch this on the big screen and surround this afternoon while I'm working. Only saw Beck once, that was at the 2007 Crossroads Festival. Just beyond imagination. Was supposed to see him when he and SRV toured together in '89, but had a company wide annual meeting out of state to attend. That still pisses me off, to this day.

Note: PRS content via the incomparable Rhonda Smith on bass!

EDIT: Well, that sucks. It's Beck Live from the Hollywood Bowl from 2016.

Watch this on the big screen and surround this afternoon while I'm working. Only saw Beck once, that was at the 2007 Crossroads Festival. Just beyond imagination. Was supposed to see him when he and SRV toured together in '89, but had a company wide annual meeting out of state to attend. That still pisses me off, to this day.

Note: PRS content via the incomparable Rhonda Smith on bass!

EDIT: Well, that sucks. It's Beck Live from the Hollywood Bowl from 2016.

That's a fun JB/BG vid! They seemed to be having a lot of fun trading licks!! Plus, JB actually looked like a classy rock star in that vid!!!

Damn. Go see your heros when you have the chance! I could have seen him in Anaheim last November v but the group I was with were a bit woke about Johnny Depp and didn't want to support his presence.

I'll go by myself now. I'm not letting another one slip past me.

RIP Mr Beck! TY for motivation to play guitar with with fingers only for a year. It gave some skillz.

Last edited:
Re-watched the DVD "Still On The Run - The Jeff Beck Story" today. For JB fans, if you haven't yet seen this, it's a great journey through his career starting with the Yardbirds all the way through the "Loud Hailer" times. Good interviews with Beck, Clapton, Page, Gilmour, Stewart, Wood and more. Nice video of the Yardbirds playing "Shapes of Things" where he's kneeling on the ground with a closeup of him playing that stunning solo.

Re-watched the DVD "Still On The Run - The Jeff Beck Story" today. For JB fans, if you haven't yet seen this, it's a great journey through his career starting with the Yardbirds all the way through the "Loud Hailer" times. Good interviews with Beck, Clapton, Page, Gilmour, Stewart, Wood and more. Nice video of the Yardbirds playing "Shapes of Things" where he's kneeling on the ground with a closeup of him playing that stunning solo.
Great DVD

Beck used John Suhr pickups.

Here's a thread from Gear Page.

"Husky" is John Suhr.

Last edited:
I was fortunate to see that tour in November. Got some pretty cool shots:

RIP JB

How'd you like Johnny Depp's vocals? I didn't believe him. Kind of like I didn't believe John Belushi was a blues man. But I'm glad they and the crowd were having fun! Good for everyone.

Back