Dweezil Zappa-Hot Rats Tour

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
I'm little late posting this, but if you want to see and hear one of the best musical ensembles on the planet, then this is the show you should try to attend...I've got my ticket for the Austin 26th gig at the Paramount Theater, where I've also seen the Herring/Mclaughlin and Jeff Beck gigs. It's a great venue too...

https://www.dweezilzappa.com/pages/tour-dates

March 6, VIP soundcheck deal. Highly recommend that if it’s available. Gets you an extra 20-30 minutes of music. I believe Scheila Gonzalez is the only holdover from the ZPZ band that was at Experience.

grrr dweezil played a show across the street last week and i missed it. i am so sad right now.

Saw and heard Dwezzil's Hot Rats gig last night here in Austin. Pretty damn good, not too loud, kind of clinical, and every Frank composition played flawlessly. The high light was Dwezzil ripping it up during 'Zombie Woof'...He used a Les Paul, the SG and a Strat through the same rig he's been using for years now...every patch, effect locked in...nothing left to chance. By the way, his guitar cord was a very long coiled cord...looked heavy, so it would lay on stage and not get tangled under foot. They are in the middle of a relentless tour schedule; last night Austin, tonight Dallas, etc...so if you have the $$$ and the chance, check them out...

Yup, sticking with the dual(primary/backup) configuration...with the FC-12 foot controller...it's been what he's been using for years and years now...but couldn't tell if they were the Model II or III from the front of the stage...
When I went to his first band camp in NY in 2010 he had just started using the first version AxeFX.
He had delegated all the tweaking and tone programming to his guitar tech cuz he just didn't want to get into the guts of it.:p
Good tones nonetheless.

Back