Jeff Beck Austin Texas 4/30

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
BSR%20Poster_zps3wpoz4qj.jpg
</a>"]http://[/URL][/img]

Beck comes to the Austin area(Cedar Park), tonight, with ZZ TOP. He's on a mixed tour, some gigs with Top and others with just his band. Do yourself a huge favor, if you've never heard him and it's not too long a drive, do it now, he ain't getting any younger(like Eric). His website has the dates.

The first time I heard him was 49 years, 4 months and 7 days ago with The Yardbirds. My high school band was 'The Beau Street Runners'(shown at the bottom of the playbill) and we played 'Well Respected Man', 'The Last Time' and 'Gloria'. And here's the poster to prove it. You had to be there...

Jeff's rig: White Tele, White Reverse Headstock Strat, White Signature Strat, thru a Marshall half stack. The band: Ronda Smith-Bass(PRS rig), Jonathan Joseph-Drums, Nicolas Meier-Guitar(all just outstanding musicians)

Set List:
1st three from the Tokyo DVD
Morning Dew(Jimmy Hall vocals)
Change is Gonna Come(Jimmy Hall vocals)---This one was just fantastic. He sung it like he meant it. Very Soulful.
Turn On Your Love Light(quick interlude/transition, no vocals)
Back to the Blues
Little Wing(w/vocal). Picture of Hendrix on the Big Screen the entire time. Awesome guitar work by Jeff.
Superstition
Big Block
A Day in the Life.
Rollin' and Tumbin'(vocals). Another standout vocal.
Danny Boy
Going Down(final tune instead of encore). (I saw Jeff and Stevie Ray play this one way back in the 11/6/89 at the Cap Center in Landover, Maryland during the 'In Step' tour.)(btw---by that time, all the audio engineers had 'the book' on this venue and the sound from 2/3's the way back was perfect-loud and clear with zero distortion and perfect mix---it was awesome)

Jeff came back out and played 'Rough Boy' and 'Sixteen Tons' with ZZ Top in the middle of their set.

Jeff was loud, clear and had the sweetest tone, even when cranked up.

Worth every penny to hear one of the greatest electric guitarists of my generation.

Last edited:
Sounds great - I saw them in 2010 here in Atlanta - the band was Jeff, Rhonda and Narada Michael Walden, and the opening act was Imelda May (I'm now a huge Imelda fan).
I also saw the 1989 Beck/Vaughan In Step tour in Dallas w/Terry Bozzio on drums for Jeff.
Good times.....

Tom

Jeff Beck is coming to the State Theater here in Minneapolis this Month. Man I want to go see him. He's an icon.

WFF,

Very cool! Thanks for all of these posts. The pic, the history, the review... A+!

Goldtop Lloyd

I'm more of a casual fan, but I'm super pumped to be seeing for the first time in a couple weeks!

Back