NENaBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the seller was flakey, but that's a killer guitar for $500! It's not nearly as beat up as the guitar I recently bought back 22 years after it was stolen from me. You've got a really nice guitar that you can be completely relaxed with. Break out your longhorn belt buckle!

I initially thought of taking a queue from Mark and sending it off to Marty Bell for a ridiculous paint job. Wrestled with that idea for a few days, and think I'll hold off on that, for now. Maybe in the spring. I did order some PRS strap buttons from John Mann, though. One thing for sure, the ugly mutt plays great!

Do it!!!!! Be the first to get a PRS with a swirl paint job!!!!! Do a wicked bad-ass flake job - that guitar would be RAD in ANY sparkle color!!!

Congrats on the new guitar!

This might be a candidate for a "Sergio Skin" job. "Excellent condition". LOL. The finish looks FUBAR, but if she plays great, hey! Can't argue with the price. I've bought two of my 594's used off of Reverb and have been very happy (lucky) with what I got. But this deal has given me something to aspire to. Nice work.

Congrats!!!
I also wonder how the finish could chip at the neck joint...
Maybe a strong drop of the guitar caused some stress in that area and the finish cracked?
Do you see that the strings are properly aligned at the 24th fret?
Can't tell from the pic you posted if it is the picture angle, or the strings lean towards the treble side...

Well in the words of the great Sergio: this Mira took some serious Bangin',
You seem to go fast through your bucket list.
Mira 's are great and a no brainer at that price point. Have fun.:D

IMO, a beat up body begs for decals, stickers, and/or painted on stuff. When I see the scaring around the neck heel though, I'd worry.

Still, I'm absolutely SICK of sellers calling things "excellent" condition when they are beat to h#II! It's actually offensive, because it's bold face lying. And made worse by photos that intentionally hide all the damage. I wouldn't care if it was the greatest playing guitar I'd ever felt, I'd call them out, report them, demand a partial refund, and sign them up for every ED med 30 day free trial I could find. :p:p

Duuuuuuuuude!!! What a score! My only question...why does that thing still have finish on it???:)

Sweet top!

IKR! Think I'll see if it falls apart before I put any money into with a refin!

Wow, you certainly did the right thing by not giving in to his bait-and-switch style demands.

But yeah, if she plays true and sounds good, it's still a steal for that amount.

Although I have no idea how someone chips the pain at the top of the neck going there. Wow.

Yeah, that neck pocket worries me. Looks, and feels solid, though. Time will tell. No visible damage, other than the finish.

That will be fun I think Thin or Standard neck ???

Thin, for the win!

Still great price. I really don’t understand how someone chips the finish of a guitar near the neck joint like that. Clean up those frets and oil that board and rocket it! Nice it’s a core Mira with birds... how awesome is that! If you refine look into one of cracked S2 finishes :D

Nice score!

I actually wonder if he may have picked it away. There are a couple of spots on the edge of the fret board that has the clear coat lifting/peeling. There's some of it in front of the neck pick up, right next to that nasty missing finish.

Do it!!!!! Be the first to get a PRS with a swirl paint job!!!!! Do a wicked bad-ass flake job - that guitar would be RAD in ANY sparkle color!!!

Congrats on the new guitar!

Swirl would be badass! I've been looking at his website all week. Sparkle would be my first choice, but I can't lie. I'd want the same finish you have, but I can't do that! I do have a bunch of the outlines sheets of cut-out birds from my factory visit. I was thinking a solid finish, like white, then lay those "templates" all over the top and spray on pink sparkle birds!

I've got an orbital sander you can borrow...Maybe you and Sergio should get together and mod that bad boy! Do a podcast or youtube series and let us follow along.

That would be a blast, and likely funny as hell!

That story goes from “I may have to punch someone for the first time in years” to “Ok, this thing feels so good I’d rather pay to refinish it than not have it.” And, again reminds me that... I need one of those Mira’s.

Yes, you do!

Congrats!!!
I also wonder how the finish could chip at the neck joint...
Maybe a strong drop of the guitar caused some stress in that area and the finish cracked?
Do you see that the strings are properly aligned at the 24th fret?
Can't tell from the pic you posted if it is the picture angle, or the strings lean towards the treble side...

Nope, strings are properly aligned at the 24th fret, and all the way up the board. All good there.

IMO, a beat up body begs for decals, stickers, and/or painted on stuff. When I see the scaring around the neck heel though, I'd worry.

Still, I'm absolutely SICK of sellers calling things "excellent" condition when they are beat to h#II! It's actually offensive, because it's bold face lying. And made worse by photos that intentionally hide all the damage. I wouldn't care if it was the greatest playing guitar I'd ever felt, I'd call them out, report them, demand a partial refund, and sign them up for every ED med 30 day free trial I could find. :p:p

I hear ya! I feel the same way!

Still makes me mad every time I see those pics. In other updates, I did get me one, and I’m really digging it.

Back