NENaBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
New Everyone Needs A Beater Day! AKA...it was my duty to rescue this one. It's a long read.....

I've said in multiple threads that I wanted to add a Mira to my pile. I got a "Here's your new Mira" text, and a link, from Sergio on the 13th. I open the link on my phone to find a listing for an SE Mira in excellent condition, for $500.00. The description was lifted from some stores description of the 2020 Mira. It was obvious that this was a Core Mira. The pics looked good on my phone, but it was pictured with a tweed Fender case. Several texts go back and forth. I was in the middle of lunch with the Mrs and she asked what I was texting about, and with whom. I told her who, what, and how stupidly low priced it was cuz dude doesn't know what he has. I tell her I'm gonna pass. She comes back, "do you want it?" Well, duh! "If it is that good a price, you should buy it! I mean, you could always sell it for more." Done! Completed the deal on the Reverb app on my phone. This was Wednesday, the 13th.

Thursday morning I get a message from the seller thanking me for the order, and letting me know that he might be able to ship it that day, but if he couldn't he wouldn't be able to until Monday, the 18th. Wanted to know if I was ok with that. I was. In the mean time, I look at the order on my 24" PC monitor, and start gazing at the pics. Hmmm, it looks like there might be a couple of dings on it. I can't tell from the pics, so I save a couple to the desk top and blow them up. Ummm, this thing is has more than a few marks. It's nowhere close to "Excellent" condition. WTF!!!!!! I get a little worked up, and then calm down. After all, it's still really cheap. I sit back and wait to get shipping info. Two o'clock on the 18th I get a message from the seller. "Hey man, my listing didn't include the case. I can ship the guitar wrapped up really good, or you can send me $50.00 for the case.

Are you kidding me!!!!!!! I message him back that I am not willing to take the guitar wrapped up, and I am not willing to pay an extra $50 for the case. I went on to tell him I didn't appreciate his listing, and not mentioning the true condition, nor not show photos of the dings, etc. I close with "maybe we should just call it a day. Thoughts?" I hear back from him that I was right. Gives an apology. Yeah, it's got a few "Character marks". He's willing to throw the case in for free. Says he can ship it today (18th) if I still want it. Being the idiot I am, I say "sure, ship it." I figure he needs to come up with something about the case because there was no way it was fitting into the Fender case it was shown on. Mira is too wide, and too long, to fit in that case.

I hear nothing until Wednesday, the 20th.

"Hey man, I'm shipping it today".....I'm cool with that.

"Hey, can you send some more money? PayPal dinged me for fees. Can you send like $20 more?"

NO, I'm not sending more money! Tell you what, just cancel the order, and refund the money.

"Dude, I already shipped it!"

Ok, fine. Can you give me tracking info?

No response.

Thursday morning...Hey, can you give me tracking?

No response.

Friday morning...Hey, can you at least tell me if it's coming FedEx or UPS? I've got accounts with both and haven't gotten shipping notification from either. I usually get something from both of them when I have a delivery coming.

No response. I'm starting to worry I'll never see it.

Friday, the 22nd, at 4:00 UPS shows up with a box. I notice it's from a UPS Store in Nashville, so at least I know it will be packed well, whatever is in there. Low and behold, it's in the original case. It's got more than "character marks" on it. Take a look!

cSHAART.jpg

fSR6cBG.jpg

jefsJG3.jpg

MczPfQJ.jpg

ym7Iea9.jpg

3bXzGI9.jpg

HrXYZw7.jpg

u33ZpbC.jpg

W3yj1R4.jpg

LqpY34I.jpg

pB6uy13.jpg

It needs some serious TLC. The board is dry, and the frets are green. The strings feel like they've been in a whiskey soaked dirty ash tray for a month. At least neither the guitar or the case smells like stale beer, sweat and puke.

I initially thought of taking a queue from Mark and sending it off to Marty Bell for a ridiculous paint job. Wrestled with that idea for a few days, and think I'll hold off on that, for now. Maybe in the spring. I did order some PRS strap buttons from John Mann, though. One thing for sure, the ugly mutt plays great!

Sorry for the long post. Figured you all would get a kick out of the story. Of the dozens of sales I've made, and orders I've placed on Reverb, this was my first that came close to a bad experience. In the end, I'm ok. I got a rockin' fiddle for $500.00

New Everyone Needs A Beater Day! AKA...it was my duty to rescue this one. It's a long read.....

I've said in multiple threads that I wanted to add a Mira to my pile. I got a "Here's your new Mira" text, and a link, from Sergio on the 13th. I open the link on my phone to find a listing for an SE Mira in excellent condition, for $500.00. The description was lifted from some stores description of the 2020 Mira. It was obvious that this was a Core Mira. The pics looked good on my phone, but it was pictured with a tweed Fender case. Several texts go back and forth. I was in the middle of lunch with the Mrs and she asked what I was texting about, and with whom. I told her who, what, and how stupidly low priced it was cuz dude doesn't know what he has. I tell her I'm gonna pass. She comes back, "do you want it?" Well, duh! "If it is that good a price, you should buy it! I mean, you could always sell it for more." Done! Completed the deal on the Reverb app on my phone. This was Wednesday, the 13th.

Thursday morning I get a message from the seller thanking me for the order, and letting me know that he might be able to ship it that day, but if he couldn't he wouldn't be able to until Monday, the 18th. Wanted to know if I was ok with that. I was. In the mean time, I look at the order on my 24" PC monitor, and start gazing at the pics. Hmmm, it looks like there might be a couple of dings on it. I can't tell from the pics, so I save a couple to the desk top and blow them up. Ummm, this thing is has more than a few marks. It's nowhere close to "Excellent" condition. WTF!!!!!! I get a little worked up, and then calm down. After all, it's still really cheap. I sit back and wait to get shipping info. Two o'clock on the 18th I get a message from the seller. "Hey man, my listing didn't include the case. I can ship the guitar wrapped up really good, or you can send me $50.00 for the case.

Are you kidding me!!!!!!! I message him back that I am not willing to take the guitar wrapped up, and I am not willing to pay an extra $50 for the case. I went on to tell him I didn't appreciate his listing, and not mentioning the true condition, nor not show photos of the dings, etc. I close with "maybe we should just call it a day. Thoughts?" I hear back from him that I was right. Gives an apology. Yeah, it's got a few "Character marks". He's willing to throw the case in for free. Says he can ship it today (18th) if I still want it. Being the idiot I am, I say "sure, ship it." I figure he needs to come up with something about the case because there was no way it was fitting into the Fender case it was shown on. Mira is too wide, and too long, to fit in that case.

"Hey, can you send some more money? PayPal dinged me for fees. Can you send like $20 more?"

NO, I'm not sending more money! Tell you what, just cancel the order, and refund the money.

No response.

No response.

Friday morning...Hey, can you at least tell me if it's coming FedEx or UPS? I've got accounts with both and haven't gotten shipping notification from either. I usually get something from both of them when I have a delivery coming.

Friday, the 22nd, at 4:00 UPS shows up with a box. I notice it's from a UPS Store in Nashville, so at least I know it will be packed well, whatever is in there. Low and behold, it's in the original case. It's got more than "character marks" on it. Take a look!

cSHAART.jpg

fSR6cBG.jpg

jefsJG3.jpg

MczPfQJ.jpg

ym7Iea9.jpg

3bXzGI9.jpg

HrXYZw7.jpg

u33ZpbC.jpg

W3yj1R4.jpg

LqpY34I.jpg

pB6uy13.jpg

It needs some serious TLC. The board is dry, and the frets are green. The strings feel like they've been in a whiskey soaked dirty ash tray for a month. At least neither the guitar or the case smells like stale beer, sweat and puke.

I initially thought of taking a queue from Mark and sending it off to Marty Bell for a ridiculous paint job. Wrestled with that idea for a few days, and think I'll hold off on that, for now. Maybe in the spring. I did order some PRS strap buttons from John Mann, though. One thing for sure, the ugly mutt plays great!

Sorry for the long post. Figured you all would get a kick out of the story. Of the dozens of sales I've made, and orders I've placed on Reverb, this was my first that came close to a bad experience. In the end, I'm ok. I got a rockin' fiddle for $500.00

Duuuuuuuuude!!! What a score! My only question...why does that thing still have finish on it???:)

Sweet top!

I don’t blame you for hanging onto it for the low $$.

This is why I won’t buy used gear. I get p.o.’d.

When I’ve sold gear, if I said it was mint, I mean, like new. Excellent means damn close to new.

Still, that’d be a nice project to send to the PTC for some customization!

Still great price. I really don’t understand how someone chips the finish of a guitar near the neck joint like that. Clean up those frets and oil that board and rocket it! Nice it’s a core Mira with birds... how awesome is that! If you refine look into one of cracked S2 finishes :D

Nice score!

No response.

No response.

cSHAART.jpg

fSR6cBG.jpg

jefsJG3.jpg

MczPfQJ.jpg

ym7Iea9.jpg

3bXzGI9.jpg

HrXYZw7.jpg

u33ZpbC.jpg

W3yj1R4.jpg

LqpY34I.jpg

pB6uy13.jpg

I was hoping you’d pick this one up. It was one of those unicorn opportunities...a beat to f@ck unicorn! I mean beat with a tube sock with 3 bars of soap!

Back