Jeff Beck 2016 Tour

This is reminiscent of the Beck/SRV tour from '88 or '89. Should be killer. The Chicago area show is at Ravinia. Not my favorite place to get to (lots of one lane roads through residential areas to get to parking-very congested) Looks like I'll have to make an exception for this one.

OMG! I can't believe you said that. I was not only AT the Beck/SRV tour that year, it was in Cincinnati on my birthday!

Should be killer.
Hey hey hey, be careful using that word in the same breath as SRV. And in 2016, no less.

I'm a definitely going to have to try to make that Vienna VA date. Thanks for mentioning this!

OMG! I can't believe you said that. I was not only AT the Beck/SRV tour that year, it was in Cincinnati on my birthday!
Alas, I was out of town on business when they played in Chicago. Had to sell my tickets. Still bummed about that!

Another SRV/Beck '89 alum here (Denver). That show pretty much set the bar for everything that came after for me. Bodia...you need a time machine buddy. Maybe use that one that Corey is unwrapping later this week.

I lied... it was the Dayton show that was on my birthday! Saw them in Cincinnati as well. I live about half way between Cincinnati and Dayton, and back in the day, all the big groups came both places so we'd see them twice every tour. I saw Rush twice every tour for years because of that.

Another SRV/Beck '89 alum here (Denver). That show pretty much set the bar for everything that came after for me. Bodia...you need a time machine buddy. Maybe use that one that Corey is unwrapping later this week.
That was one tour I was seriously pissed about missing. I did get to see SRV 6 times though. Including the 1st of the last 2 shows he played at Alpine Valley. Such a loss.

Caught the Beck/Vaughan '89 tour here in Atlanta a few months before SRV was gone - what a show - from both acts. Also saw Beck in 2010 here with Imelda May opening, who I have since become a big fan of.

Seriously pissed that most of the tours I'm interested in (including Jeff Beck) seem to be skipping Atlanta! 'sup with that?

Tom

Man, I missed his concert in Minneapolis last year. Wish I went to see it. The 2016 tour does not include Minneapolis this time :(

Back