Is the J Rockett Jeff Beck Model Archer the ultimate Klon Klone?

I had one of these when they came out in the 90s... let it go when times got tough and have regretted it ever since. Great pedal. Still on the hunt for a decently priced Chime pedal to add to the Pettyjohn collection.
I regret that I sold mine quite a few years ago, too. Both the Chime I and II are terrific.

I regret that I sold mine quite a few years ago, too. Both the Chime I and II are terrific.
You'd like what I've got going now. The Jeff, like the Klon KTR, is the best clean boost I've ever used and i set the gain to "1" on one of mine to use it as a clean booth.

The tone of a humbucker gets very articulate and clear. Wonderful note separation and simply a beautiful pleasing clean to semi-clean tone!

Chords sound beautifully detailed and not muddy at all.

Then I use my other Jeff Archer for more overdrive and I can use it by itself or boost it with the one set for a "clean boost".

This is all through my HDRX amp of course.

You'd like what I've got going now. The Jeff, like the Klon KTR, is the best clean boost I've ever used and i set the gain to "1" on one of mine to use it as a clean booth.

The tone of a humbucker gets very articulate and clear. Wonderful note separation and simply a beautiful pleasing clean to semi-clean tone!

Chords sound beautifully detailed and not muddy at all.

Then I use my other Jeff Archer for more overdrive and I can use it by itself or boost it with the one set for a "clean boost".

This is all through my HDRX amp of course.
Well, I like the KTR so I'm sure I would like the Jeff.

But...I've spent so long putting my board together, and I'm so happy with it, I don't want to take anything off, and I'm out of room/power supply outlets!

The Jeff must wait for Board #2. That's still a ways off.

No Klon expert, but I do like the Jeff. But then I get thinking about what the Timmy or King of Tone pedals really sound like and what will sub in for them. It’s kind of a fun exercise reading about all of their respective developments

Back