JA-15

Are these completely hollow, or are they 335 like? (block down the middle)

Hollow except I think there's a very small block to hold the bridge in place between bridge, top and back.

Are these completely hollow, or are they 335 like? (block down the middle)

As Les stated these are hollow with a mahogany post connecting the top and back at the bridge (there is a thicker area routed on top and back to anchor the mahogany block). This is the same construction as the HB 2 (except for the 25th anniversary models which had a solid center block). As the pics below show, the result is slightly different as the JA-15 has a narrower block just under the tailpiece of the 2 piece bridge, the HB 2 block is thicker (and one piece bridge). They both have a thicker top strip in the center where the pickups mount, the HB strip is much thicker. This gives the JA-15 a more "open" acoustic like sound, as the top is larger, less anchored and spruce...it's free to vibrate a lot more. Also I think the larger upper chamber due to the Singlecut shape and thicker body gives the JA-15 a fuller low end (many have noted this difference comparing the SC and DC HB 2's), not sure if it's the airspace or that the upper neck vibration transmits better because it joins the body at the 15th vs the 21st fret. Given the tones and music you prefer based on your excellent clips posted here...I think the JA-15 would definitely appeal to your tastes.

Last edited:
JA-15T, please.

552224_494343643930933_824376676_n.jpg

542897_494343377264293_1681429311_n.jpg

I would love to see a JA15T and with a pick switch in another position. Just can't handle it where it is.

Back