J. Hayes

Big Mard

Little Gassy Here
just watched a Blackstar video from NAMM 2014 with Jay Hayes. Has he left the PRS camp? Is there a Blackstar PRS collaboration to replace the SE Amp line?

J. Hayes left PRS last October. He now works for Blackstar but plays his mahogany 408.

I saw the vid too and thought he worked there, but never heard anything official. Didn't know it was that long ago. I was surprised.

It's nothing nefarious, fellas. He's been friends with the Blackstar guys for a very long time and decided to make the change.

He still loves his PRS! He was even playing his 408 in the Blackstar booth at NAMM. J is a good dude.

It all leads to only one question...

Who's going to be the next person flying around the world, doing clinics for PRS? :confused:

Who's going to be the next person flying around the world, doing clinics for PRS? :confused:

Well, if no one else is going to volunteer, I guess I'll have to do it.

I hope you all appreciate the sacrifice I'm making. :bawling:

J. Hayes is honestly one of the coolest guys I've gotten to meet over the years. He knows the products inside and out, can outplay most artists in the spotlight AND is just a blast to talk to. I wish him all the best but I selfishly wish he would use vacation time and come to Experience every year :)

That would be me... Although they aren't called clinics anymore, they're called "tastings". I simply lay out some PRS, insert a VHS tape of old J. Hayes videos, find a bar down the street, and then come back and clean up.

Back