It's growing... slowly.

What’s next? :p
DGT SE :D
Doin good Bud. Tell us about them.
The Santana SE I bought for new was bought "new" but oddly had some strange things and dings, I've concluded it was a floor model, shipping went extremely beat up, but I held on to it. You can't really tell any of that by the pics. I got a setup, fret work done and replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan Frampton Comes Alive Pickups. It plays perfect now.

The Silver Sky SE is pretty much almost perfect out of box, just needs bridge raised a bit, fret work and neck polishing. Loving it!

DGT SE :D
The Santana SE I bought for new was bought "new" but oddly had some strange things and dings, I've concluded it was a floor model, shipping went extremely beat up, but I held on to it. You can't really tell any of that by the pics. I got a setup, fret work done and replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan Frampton Comes Alive Pickups. It plays perfect now.

The Silver Sky SE is pretty much almost perfect out of box, just needs bridge raised a bit, fret work and neck polishing. Loving it!
DGT SE is a good call

You now officially two guitars away from needing a serious intervention!

I often wonder if Paul could be considered a drug dealer
pushing his wares knowing we will get addicted and buy more

I am past due for my intervention
I am getting serious eye rolls every time she enters the office and sees my guitars
She cant understand my need for 7 guitars
While I cant understand why I only have 7 Guitars

I freely admit I have a guitar problem
The problem being I don't have enough of them!

What We have here is a failure to communicate!
🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Sharp fret ends, too high. Just like the Santana SE. I hear it is common for PRS SE line (reviews from sites, youtube and so forth).
It just strikes me as odd, that someone new to the brand says it’s common, but someone who has owned them for years and hung out here and at The Gear Page and followed the brand closely for years doesn’t recall the last time even one person said they had sharp fret ends or the frets were too high. I’d be interested in some links to these sites. I mean, they’ve sold THOUSDANDS of SE’s so I’m sure they is someone somewhere who experienced this. I’m just curious as to who is putting it out there as “common.”

It just strikes me as odd, that someone new to the brand says it’s common, but someone who has owned them for years and hung out here and at The Gear Page and followed the brand closely for years doesn’t recall the last time even one person said they had sharp fret ends or the frets were too high. I’d be interested in some links to these sites. I mean, they’ve sold THOUSDANDS of SE’s so I’m sure they is someone somewhere who experienced this. I’m just curious as to who is putting it out there as “common.”
Not sure what you're meaning, I'm not trying to bash the brand. Just stating what has been known to be the common by many. Or at least that is what I have seen being said. Not saying you're wrong. Maybe many don't have the luck?

That's why I said "heard". While it's true that I am new to the brand, I've been following the Quality Control issues of PRS SE line for some time. The Trogly (troll) Show, The Andertons and others have stated this for a bit now. But that's not really relevant, if it's common or not. Like I said before, the Santana SE was sold to me as "new" but had many issues, as said in many threads now, I do believe that was a in store/demo model that was on the wall and played by customers over the years or however long. The gig bag was also folded. Not odd, just suspicious.

The Silver Sky SE's are comparable to Squier, I compared it myself to my 2024 Sonic and can confirm that it possesses the that same Plastic characteristics of the Squier but with the quirks of the PRS SE. I don't think I got a lemon. Nothing is wrong with it. It's just fret work and a set up, common for alot of brands of guitars. The bridge is nearly hammered down to the guitar body as well, that's not typical to how it should be but it's common for the bridge to not be set in right out of the box.

All that said, it's a great guitar so far and probably the first guitar in over 25 guitars that I don't feel to have it modified in anyway (set up and fret work doesn't count as mods for me). The bridge needs to be set for standard PRS style floating rather than the hammered down to body style.

Last edited:
I kinda feel like I’ve read this thread before.
I have 2, accidentally made duplicate I'm the other section lol
The Squier Bullet is a $150 guitar for your 12 yr old daughter...I'll end my thoughts with that.
I meant Squier Sonic Hardtail, my bad.

The Squier Sonic are amazing for being $200 and highly modifiable. I love mine!

Back