Is this thing beyond saving?

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by SonicBlur, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Ovibos

Ovibos NOW with 100% MORE baby tigers!

I have no idea how you guys are missing the obvious fix for the synth holes...

Find two of the brightest LEDs you can and drop them in. Then, you can blind the audience before you melt their faces.

Even better, you could put some kind of theremin or kaoss pad functions there, like momentary kill switching.

2. Atomic

Atomic Who Dat

Dude there's a pretty good looking set of wing tuners wing tuners on reverb on reverb right nah.

3. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

I only find one set and they are the later version ('98-'01) with the screw tabs parallel to the strings. This guitar needs the original style with the screw tab perpendicular to the strings in order to avoid putting more holes in it.

4. gush

gush New Member

I own two ce22s that have the same screw holes. They make a pickup ring with tabs to mount a synth pickup to.?????

Atomic likes this.
  5. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

It looks like they jammed that synth pickup right against the pickup ring and playing and vibration took a toll on the finish around the ring. I would be torn if it were my guitar. I like mine pristine and as perfect as I can keep them, this would bug me, but it's not me, and my wallet isn't being asked to open...;-)

6. gush

gush New Member

I too would buy your guitar if the issues bother you too much.

7. hippietim

hippietim Not a new user...

I wouldn't spend a nickel on anything that isn't functionally important. It's a great guitar, just play the hell out of it.

8. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

I like guitars with mojo! Ok so she’s not the prettiest girl in the bar, but I bet she could show you a thing or two!

Some guys will be doing this to their PRS guitars in the future when these CU24’s become real vintage pieces.

I bet you’ll pay PS many $$ to achieve this look. Plus when you’re ringing the guitars neck, you can’t see her chest!!

Enjoy

dogrocketp likes this.