Is this a fake?

Oh my god man, thank you so much for providing so much information to me! I learnt a lot from your comment, thank you! The seller said its a 2014 guitar, so maybe back in the old days, they used 1 piece more often? idk.

Back in 2014, you also got some quilted maple tops, now they seem to be reserved for PS too.

At the end of the day, this is a legitimate 2014 PRS Core model that happens to have a lovely 1-piece top that looks in great condition for a 10yr old guitar and having a 1-piece top just makes it a bit more 'unique' and rarer to find - especially in a 'regular' Core model, not a 10-top. It's not affecting the instrument in a 'negative' way. You asked if it was Genuine, made by PRS in the USA, which it is, so if you do buy, you can buy in 'confidence' you are not getting a 'Fake'. If anything, you would be getting a 'rarer' find because of that top - there won't be many (if any) 2014 Cu24's with a 1-piece top in that colour. Each is unique anyway as each has its own 'fingerprint' in terms of its flame pattern but you don't see 1-piece tops that often - probably because you don't find many Flamed Maple trees big enough to make 1-piece tops...

Anyway, you can buy in confidence knowing it's a genuine PRS. Even the Pickups are Genuine PRS - you can tell by the Squared Bobbins that fill the cavity, often call Squabbins - that are PRS designed...

Back in 2014, you also got some quilted maple tops, now they seem to be reserved for PS too.

At the end of the day, this is a legitimate 2014 PRS Core model that happens to have a lovely 1-piece top that looks in great condition for a 10yr old guitar and having a 1-piece top just makes it a bit more 'unique' and rarer to find - especially in a 'regular' Core model, not a 10-top. It's not affecting the instrument in a 'negative' way. You asked if it was Genuine, made by PRS in the USA, which it is, so if you do buy, you can buy in 'confidence' you are not getting a 'Fake'. If anything, you would be getting a 'rarer' find because of that top - there won't be many (if any) 2014 Cu24's with a 1-piece top in that colour. Each is unique anyway as each has its own 'fingerprint' in terms of its flame pattern but you don't see 1-piece tops that often - probably because you don't find many Flamed Maple trees big enough to make 1-piece tops...

Anyway, you can buy in confidence knowing it's a genuine PRS. Even the Pickups are Genuine PRS - you can tell by the Squared Bobbins that fill the cavity, often call Squabbins - that are PRS designed...
Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I didnt expect to recieve such a detailed comment, thank you for spending your time to explain those to me. thank you all of you who helped me here, i really appreciate it. :( :( :(

I still stand by the pics are of a genuine 2014 Prs Custom 24. I don't know all the sale details, but I'd still be very cautious of the seller and what's delivered if at all. 4500 HKD is $600 USD. That's too good to be true numbers.
This was my only caveat on its “real-ness.” The guitar in the pictures is genuine. What you get from the seller, if it’s not a in-person transaction, might be another matter. Bait-and-switch is what it’s called here. Very, very old saying “if it looks too good to be true, it probably is” holds true here. I agree with @SinSir

I still stand by the pics are of a genuine 2014 Prs Custom 24. I don't know all the sale details, but I'd still be very cautious of the seller and what's delivered if at all. 4500 HKD is $600 USD. That's too good to be true numbers.
Exactly! The price is way too cheap! It’s quite suspicious. What would be the normal price of it? At first I thought it’s a big discount coz the guitar is 10 years old, but I can’t help thinking in my head that is way to cheap, it should be at least 1200USD? I guess?

Exactly! The price is way too cheap! It’s quite suspicious. What would be the normal price of it? At first I thought it’s a big discount coz the guitar is 10 years old, but I can’t help thinking in my head that is way to cheap, it should be at least 1200USD? I guess?
That would still be a good deal

This was my only caveat on its “real-ness.” The guitar in the pictures is genuine. What you get from the seller, if it’s not a in-person transaction, might be another matter. Bait-and-switch is what it’s called here. Very, very old saying “if it looks too good to be true, it probably is” holds true here. I agree with @SinSir
I’m having a in person transaction with the seller, but one of my concern is that he may bring a different guitar to me. I guess I have to check it very very carefully, so I’m still doing research online to make notes on how to check the authenticity of the custom 24 . Yet there’s only a few about them.
I have a Se custom 24 before, but I dunno the difference between it and custom 24. Hope my experience on the Se custom would help.

I didn't see the listing or Price and I will agree, that does seem somewhat 'dodgy' a price to pay. for something like this.

I always say you should buy from a reputable dealer/seller where you have the protection of a returns service IF the item isn't as described or pictured. If the seller isn't a reputable seller, then I would avoid buying regardless of the pictures or listing description. The first thing I check is the 'seller'. I'd never buy 'used' from a 'stranger' online regardless - If I really liked their product, I'd still want to 'check' it in person first. If its sold by a reputable store, they have to give a returns policy and often a 'limited' warranty (3 months for example) so its 'less' risk buying unseen.

I say buy in Confidence that the guitar pictured is a Genuine PRS, but only if the Seller is reputable and not scamming you with 'fake' pictures of a Genuine PRS that they don't have to sell....

Those are pictures of a legit PRS. It could be a bait and switch, it could be stolen, or it could be someone who didn't buy it themselves and doesn't know what they have?

You should definitely be ready to walk away from the deal if it feels wrong. Or take your own pictures and report back here!

Please let us know how it goes, we're all here hoping you end up with a great guitar!

I wouldn't be surprised to see that guitar for sale for $2k+ USD - That would still be a GREAT price for a used Cu24 in that condition. You'd expect to pay around the price of a 'new' CE Cu24 for a used 'Core' but $600 is more around the price I'd expect to pay for a used/sale price for an SE Cu24.

Of course the seller may not know what they have - I've seen one listed as a CE for $1200-1400 but was a Core with a set neck and another listed and priced as a Standard but had a Maple top so definitely a Custom, so maybe the person thinks it an SE and priced it accordingly.

It could be the wife of a deceased owner and they told the wife they only spent $1k (showing her 'SE' prices) and now is selling her Husbands gear for at lot less than she should be....

Again though, unless the seller is reputable, I wouldn't touch that Guitar without at least arranging to check it out first. If in doubt, ask for a very specific picture of something - like inside the electronics cavity or a close up of the owl - something that isn't a professional retailers pic and show's they must have the Guitar to take the Picture. Even then I'd be extremely wary at that price...

I’m having a in person transaction with the seller, but one of my concern is that he may bring a different guitar to me. I guess I have to check it very very carefully, so I’m still doing research online to make notes on how to check the authenticity of the custom 24 . Yet there’s only a few about them.
I have a Se custom 24 before, but I dunno the difference between it and custom 24. Hope my experience on the Se custom would help.
You have the pictures of the guitar - which we all have said is a 'genuine' PRS. 1 immediate giveaway for a 'Fake' is the Top - even if they tried to match the colour, if it ain't a 1 piece and exactly the same pattern, that's an easy way to tell. The handwritten Serial number is another way, the Pick-ups too - not Squabbins, not PRS Pups. The tuners with the open gears and hand written Hangtag...

If anything doesn't match with the Pictures, even the inlays with the pattern of the abalone or multi-pieces used to create those inlays, it will be so obvious if the Guitar is different from the Pictures. The top should have a much more pronounced Carve than an SE too but as the top is completely unique in its pattern , staining and 1-piece construction, that would be incredibly difficult to copy exactly, if not 'impossible' so along with all the other 'uniquely PRS' designs Tuners, Pups, Bird inlays etc, you'd know if its not the same guitar as pictured...

@Mozzi
Those are pictures of a legit PRS. It could be a bait and switch, it could be stolen, or it could be someone who didn't buy it themselves and doesn't know what they have?

You should definitely be ready to walk away from the deal if it feels wrong. Or take your own pictures and report back here!

Please let us know how it goes, we're all here hoping you end up with a great guitar!
I will! i made an appointment with him on 27/6, will update you guys after i met him. :D thanks for ur concnern!

You have the pictures of the guitar - which we all have said is a 'genuine' PRS. 1 immediate giveaway for a 'Fake' is the Top - even if they tried to match the colour, if it ain't a 1 piece and exactly the same pattern, that's an easy way to tell. The handwritten Serial number is another way, the Pick-ups too - not Squabbins, not PRS Pups. The tuners with the open gears and hand written Hangtag...

If anything doesn't match with the Pictures, even the inlays with the pattern of the abalone or multi-pieces used to create those inlays, it will be so obvious if the Guitar is different from the Pictures. The top should have a much more pronounced Carve than an SE too but as the top is completely unique in its pattern , staining and 1-piece construction, that would be incredibly difficult to copy exactly, if not 'impossible' so along with all the other 'uniquely PRS' designs Tuners, Pups, Bird inlays etc, you'd know if its not the same guitar as pictured...
Again, thank you so much! 🥲 I felt so helpless at the beginniing as there isnt much information about it on the Internet. Thank you so much for your ideas and instructions! i feel so much love here, i wish i can get the guitar and join the family! :D

The Pictured Guitar Is Legit. Take Friends With You And Be Smart & Safe. If You Can Really Get The Pictured Guitar For That Price You Will Have Done Very Well. Good Luck!

That guitar at that price would be highway robbery! I hope you are able to execute that crime!! As others have said, the one in the pick is a genuine PRS, but if what shows up does not look EXACTLY like the one in the pix, RUN!!! Best wishes on the acquisition ;~))

The PICS are legit, so hopefully the guitar you see in person is the same one!

The price is incredible, but I've gotten several guitars for similarly incredible prices over the years. It happens. Even dealers sometimes make mistakes.

Check the guitar VERY CAREFULLY against the pictures when you get it. Hope this is a great score for you!

Back