Is there a custom shop for special designs?

Joe Randazzo

My name is Joe and I'm new to PRS guitars. They are fantastic. I've played both the S2 and the SE models. I'm sure that all musicians have their favorite guitar setups. I would love to see a semi-hollow single cut-a-way, 24 fret custom with a BOUND f hole, bound neck, and PRS tremolo bridge. Has anything like this ever been built? I compared a Maryland made top of the line instrument with one made in Korea. Although there are quality differences, I must say that the Korean made PRS is the absolute best value in the business. This is probably the best made (possibly with Hagstrom in China) guitar being made in Asia. I'm on the hunt for a PRS 24 fret custom. What could be better?

To paraphrase Hank Williams: if you've got the money, they've got the time!

Agreed on SE guitars being best bang for the buck, especially in the second hand market.

Allow this to whet your appetite for what is possible through Private Stock:

prs-private-stock-singlecut-24-vampire-burs_(8)__wwg.jpg

I would love to see a semi-hollow single cut-a-way, 24 fret custom with a BOUND f hole, bound neck, and PRS tremolo bridge. Has anything like this ever been built?
You need to be more specific: Neck material? Body material? Fretboard material? Just one f-hole? Color? What color hardware? Which electronics? McCarty thickness? etc. etc. etc.

The short answer, as you may have realized is, yes, they can do it -- what you're talking about is well within the capabilities of what they are capable of.

Do it! It's fun, it's exciting, and you'll have a master built guitar to your exact specifications.

To paraphrase Hank Williams: if you've got the money, they've got the time!

Agreed on SE guitars being best bang for the buck, especially in the second hand market.

Allow this to whet your appetite for what is possible through Private Stock:

prs-private-stock-singlecut-24-vampire-burs_(8)__wwg.jpg

OK, I'm ready to do 5 OMGs, jump up and down, and run around in circles over that one! Yours, Garrett? That is a winner!

Wow, many thanks for the great responses. I am in BIG trouble. I did check out the Private Stock as advised. Holy Pizzoli, it doesn't get any better than that. As you say, bring lots of green because they don't give them away. I've been playing guitar for a long time and own many acoustics and electrics (Gibson, Epiphone, Martin, Fender, etc.) Somehow I never investigated PRS. The S2 I played could do my Strat or Les Paul, or even my Telecaster, but it still had its own personality and sound. The tremolo is superior to the Fender. What the hell! They also make incredible acoustics that are probably as good or better than my Martin instruments. That is also great advice in ordering a custom to be very specific about wood, color, electronics, etc. If they can do anything, and it seems they can, why not pull out all the stops and create a masterpiece. All I need now is to commit the $$$$$$$$!
Thanks again, this is a great forum and I look forward to many happy communications.
Joe Randazzo
South Burlington, Vermont USA

OK, I'm ready to do 5 OMGs, jump up and down, and run around in circles over that one! Yours, Garrett? That is a winner!

Oh, no. Just one I found via Google that had gone through Wilcutts. Way over the top for me, but a perfect example of what the amazing PS crew can do.

SPECTACULAR!!! Thanks a million for the link. I see that many people have had the same idea...........with so many beautiful variations. It's as much fine sculpture as musical instruments.

Yes, beautiful things to look at but...even with the great looks, the best part of owning one is truly the instrument part.

I doubt I'd ever part with mine.

They play and sound utterly phenomenal.

Wow, many thanks for the great responses. I am in BIG trouble. I did check out the Private Stock as advised. Holy Pizzoli, it doesn't get any better than that. As you say, bring lots of green because they don't give them away. I've been playing guitar for a long time and own many acoustics and electrics (Gibson, Epiphone, Martin, Fender, etc.) Somehow I never investigated PRS. The S2 I played could do my Strat or Les Paul, or even my Telecaster, but it still had its own personality and sound. The tremolo is superior to the Fender. What the hell! They also make incredible acoustics that are probably as good or better than my Martin instruments. That is also great advice in ordering a custom to be very specific about wood, color, electronics, etc. If they can do anything, and it seems they can, why not pull out all the stops and create a masterpiece. All I need now is to commit the $$$$$$$$!
Thanks again, this is a great forum and I look forward to many happy communications.
Joe Randazzo
South Burlington, Vermont USA
And Music store online is your closest dealer. They`re in Burlington.

Back