Is my PRS Fake

Read this on PRS Site, but assume it's relating to "None SE" -

Acoustic Serial Numbers​

The serial number of an acoustic is located on the label inside the sound hole of the guitar.

All acoustic serial numbers begin with the letter "A", and are followed by the two digit year prefix.

Thanks all. I am waiting to hear back from PRS sent them new pics so let's see. If this is fake they got it to look and sound the same 😂
I was going to say, just from the looks, if that is a fake it's been done exceptionally well!

Last edited:
Well it is in fact real indeed. Well done all you have been a great help.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Dear Mattshifu, your request (51948) has been updated with new information. To add additional comments, please reply to this email.
ADKq_NaZyTPSqvG8tNvl4Cytmtiq0-9LEnVghbQvfuvrSMKM5lI5yluIITo6STOjpqvXWC5-AjOGGbSdXIKYm8qQsqIlJKie0-KgZFWPPdTtjBIjdkjvylvV=s0-d-e1-ft
Bindu (PRS Guitars)
Mar 25, 2024, 14:18 EDT
Hi Matt,

I looked further into the guitar without the serial number on the headstock. My apologies for the confusion, it is a legit PRS. The early run of SE Acoustics from CORT China had the label on the inside of the body visible in the sound hole and had the serial # on it. PRS eventually switched to the headstock. This model is a T50E from 2019, this series was in production from 2019-2021. It is not part of our current lineup.

I hope this is helpful.

SE T50E
Tonare Grand body shape, PRS hybrid “X”/Classical bracing, solid sitka spruce top, white/black body binding, abalone body purfling, abalone, white/black rosette, flame maple back and sides, 25.3” scale length, 20 fret Wide Fat mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, bird inlays, ebony bridge, bone nut & saddle, PRS-designed tuners,
• Body Depth at Neck Block: 3 19/32” • Body Depth at Tail Block: 4 3/8” • String Spacing: 2 7/32” • Electronics: Fishman GT1 undersaddle pickup with sound hole mounted volume & tone controls.

Kind regards,
Bindu
Customer Service
PRS Guitars
410-643-9970

ADKq_NaZyTPSqvG8tNvl4Cytmtiq0-9LEnVghbQvfuvrSMKM5lI5yluIITo6STOjpqvXWC5-AjOGGbSdXIKYm8qQsqIlJKie0-KgZFWPPdTtjBIjdkjvylvV=s0-d-e1-ft
Mattshifu
Mar 25, 2024, 13:59 EDT
Hello,

Could you please have a look here at the thread I created with updated photos. Thank you.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/is-my-prs-fake.58102/

Mattshifu
Mar 24, 2024, 13:55 EDT
I uploaded some more photos for you to identify this guitar. I haven't seen any fake prs acoustic guitars at all which is why I question this one.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/is-my-prs-fake.58102/

Mattshifu
Mar 22, 2024, 16:28 EDT
Could you elaborate pls as I took it into a guitar shop and they checked it over and said it was?

Bindu (PRS Guitars)
Mar 22, 2024, 12:14 EDT
Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to PRS Guitars. I'm sorry the guitar does not appear to be an authentic PRS.
Kind regards,
Bindu
Customer Service
PRS Guitars
410-643-9970

Mattshifu
Mar 21, 2024, 16:24 EDT
Hello. I have recently purchased what I think is a PRS SE T50E however I question the authenticity of the guitar. Could you please help me to establish what model this is and where it was made etc. The seller had no paperwork at all so I don't know if this is a current model or discontinued. Thank you. Matt.

Attachment(s)
Screenshot_20240321_202052_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240321_202105_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240321_202338_Gallery.jpg
Thank you for being a valued PRS customer.
Show quoted text

Hi Matt, firstly welcome to the forum.

That’s some bonnie flame on the sides.

Thanks for sharing the new pics. If that isn’t genuine then I’ll wear @DreamTheaterRules speedo.

Are you in the UK? I’m kind of assuming yes, because of the radiator and conservatory.

Most importantly do you like the sound of your acoustic and is it fun to play?

Ok I stand corrected.

These are some of the details that the fakers don’t normally copy correctly -

Headstock joint.

Label.

These are stock images, taken from the internet of a genuine PRS SE T50.

Your images are grainy from Pinterest and there are no pics of the top of the headstock.

If the forgers are getting this detailed and fooling the dealers, then we’re all in trouble.

Going back to the point of purchase is the next port of call.
Which is why we normally don’t point out what they get wrong or post pics.

Hi Matt, firstly welcome to the forum.

That’s some bonnie flame on the sides.

Thanks for sharing the new pics. If that isn’t genuine then I’ll wear @DreamTheaterRules speedo.

Are you in the UK? I’m kind of assuming yes, because of the radiator and conservatory.

Most importantly do you like the sound of your acoustic and is it fun to play?
Thank you. Yes I am in the uk. The guitar sounds amazing. Really clear and bright and feels lovely. I'm just starting out though although I did have lessons as a kid.

Which is why we normally don’t point out what they get wrong or post pics.
I think this was an exception as even prs said it was fake so I had to come on here to clarify as was pretty sure they were wrong but with everyone who helped here prs actually took more time to look into it. If I didn't post it here they probably would have just ignored me. Thanks again. Pls close this thread.

Is that a threat or a promise?

Both haha.

I think this was an exception as even prs said it was fake so I had to come on here to clarify as was pretty sure they were wrong but with everyone who helped here prs actually took more time to look into it. If I didn't post it here they probably would have just ignored me. Thanks again. Pls close this thread.

No need to close it. These type of threads help others who have the same questions.

I know we don’t like to share information to the forgers, but there are so many images on the internet these days, that it makes little difference.

The pictures of the fake Dragon I shared, are the types of guitars the forgers try to copy, to catch out unwitting buyers.

Anyone in the know, will spot the obvious fakes. The good folk on here are always at hand to help. This is a great place to be.

Have fun with your Tonare, happy learning.

Last edited:
Both haha.

No need to close it. These type of threads help others who have the same questions.

I know we don’t like to share information to the forgers, but there are so many images on the internet these days, that it makes little difference.

The pictures of the fake Dragon I shared, are the types of guitars the forgers try to copy, to catch out unwitting buyers.

Anyone in the know, will spot the obvious fakes. The good folk on here are always at hand to help. This is a great place to be.

Have fun with your Tonare, happy learning.
I haven't seen any fake acoustic guitars. Are they out there?

Not that I’ve seen and unlikely with an SE.
Lol... Well at least we had a good conversation on here... If it wasnt for prs telling me I had a fake guitar I wouldn't have even found this site... 😂 PRS make some really nice guitars. Never heard of them till I went to a guitar shop... Next I'm buying a faith blood moon venus.. 3 times more expensive but that's my dream guitar. Looks amazing.

Back