Is Classic Rock considered "Oldies"?

Is Classic Rock considered "Oldies"?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • C'mon OG, get with the program, synths & guitar samples are what's up.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I'm young, but I only listen to my dad's Sabbath CDs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What do ya mean the Doobie Brothers broke up?!!!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Thanks Boogie for some real insightful stuff!! (..and forgive me for not knowing how to do multiple quotes:oops:)

-The 1st statement is DEAD ON THE MONEY, and a lot of people don't realize it.:rolleyes:
-15 year old pop tunes?......... well I don't know your radio market but that's not how it is here in the Bay Area.:cool:
-RE:1990-2005 - I think nothing WAS written during that time period.:D
-I grew up in da hood, the hoodiest hood in SF, as the only Greek kid for miles and the only non african american on my block, becoming the funky white bwoy with some moves on the floor wasn't cool..................... it was a matter of survival.;)

.....still, gitpicking got me just as much attention.:)
Where I grew up, it was strictly about the girls. I ended up dating older girls as a result of the discos. Then when they saw me playing guitar in a rock band, I had my hands full. :D

This must be regional. It could be my perception, but it seems like anything post 1990 is still considered "modern" rock and still in regular rotation alongside stuff like the synth heavy modern alternative.

It kind of makes sense... synths and samples aren't exactly new and modern rock hasn't really evolved that much.
This stuff is very regional. It’s amazing how things work on the coasts but flop in the Midwest, or vice versus.

Back