Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone, new to this forum, just curious to be part of a PRS community. Up until now it's been mostly Fender, a little Gibson, and now I'm ready for my first PRS. Leaning towards a PRS S2 Singlecut, Tobacco Burst... still learning the ins and outs, so I definitely haven't made up my mind 100% yet :)

Hi Nico,

It's perfectly fine to not be 100% sure yet and you did well to come here to find out everything you need to know. I have no doubt there's a lot of very knowledgeable people here that could help you. At every level, PRS Guitars are really great and I've no doubt the S2 Singlecut will be a great choice (I'm also leaning towards this model myself... some kind of an upgrade from my SE Singlecut).

So welcome here!

Becoming a family member...

Introducing myself -

Hello all,

Just started learning guitar less than 2 years ago. I'm a little late, currently 63 years old - bucket list I guess.

Been slowly getting better and about to make my first electric guitar purchase.

My local guy has all the major brands but suggested that I take look at PRS. Glad I did. Something sets these guitars apart from the big name brands.

I'm contemplating either a SE Zach Myers or an SE Custom 22 Semi-hollow.

Probably going to make the purchase today!!

Looking forward to becoming part of the PRS family.

Regards,

Jim P.

Howdy all,

After decades in music I acquired my first PRS just a couple weeks ago so here I am! Looks like a cool forum. I'm looking forward to some good discussion.

An Introduction

Hey my name is Ian, and while I'm not new to PRS Guitars, I'm new to this forum. I'm also on PRS Talk, but this forum seems to have a bit more traffic. I've got an SE A10E Angelus acoustic electric in black and this coming Friday I'll have in my possession a new SE Zach Myers in Tobacco sunburst, and so I'll definitely be sure to include pics, and may put up some videos of the guitars in action down the road. I'm looking forward to interacting with folks here, discussing PRS Guitars, amps, exchanging ideas and so on.

Hi I'm Gene, some call me Geno. I have been playing most of my life, but still just an average guitar player.

I love the sound of an electric guitar, and enjoy playing in bands.

And of course love PRS guitars!

Introduce yourself

I like to play rock and blues, but I'm currently in a bluegrass band, and that's fun too.
I own a guitar store in Jacksonville, Arkansas. I opened it back in 1975, when I was 18 years old. I was a Paul Reed Smith dealer around 1987 when PRS was a new company. They allowed me to be a dealer by stocking just one guitar, but after a year or two I got a call letting me know we would need to start stocking several models to keep the franchise. I had to let the line go because my store was located in a small population town, but I have been a fan of the PRS guitars ever since. I recently picked up a 2005 PRS Corvette for myself and I think it's really a great guitar!
I have a large collection of stencil-painted cowboy guitars and have coauthored a book called "Cowboy Guitars" published in 2002. I also have several normal vintage guitars and amps which I have photographed for use in vintage guitar books over the years. My vintage guitar collection (not for sale) is on display as a guitar museum in one end of my guitar store. In the retail end of the store we sell new guitars and amps just like we have been doing for the past 40 years. My daughter refers to my job as a "hobby job" and that describes it well.
I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn while hanging out on this PRS site.

Joined in 2013, just now getting around to the interdictions. Busy acquiring a business and working. Have added several PRS guitars to the collection. Will start posting from today's latest acquisition backwards?

Hi there,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.....much appreciated.

I have always played Gibsons/ Fender and now have a strong desire to purchase a PRS. Been looking at an old 2011 PRS Custom 24 experience with ebony board and 59/09 Pickups. Never played any PRS, but judging by what I have read these are without question high end guitars of which I have no doubt.

My introduction to PRS was a strange one to say the least..I was just instantly in love with a picture of one...bizarre as I have never even picked one up. Any feedback on this particular model would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Johnny_UK

Last edited:
First post here. Was sad to see the old Birds and Moons go the way of the dodo, but I know there are survivors here. Nice to be here, even though I only have one PRS, an 04 McCarty, and it was a gift... but here I be!..

Hi everyone,
My name is Steve and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK..
Started playing guitar in my late teens an have been hooked on an off ever since.
Over the years I have had a lot of different makes of guitars an have tried even more.
I came across PRS guitars an a few times but always admired them from afar (always wanted the gold top David Grissom had in the old PRS adds)... Either money was tight or there was a family problem which needed the money more so never really had the chance till recently to go for one..
On Friday I took a trip into town an went to guitarguitar my favorite guitar shop an saw the new PRS standard range an decided I had to have one... A deal was done which involved 2 guitars ( a Epiphone Les paul standard an a Jackson JS Dinky) plus a few beer tokens leave for a PRS Santana standard to come home.. Andy at guitarguitar was happy as he made his sale.. My wife was happy as I got rid of a couple of guitars an didn't spend too much an I have my Prs Santana se standard in vintage cherry..
The quality an build is very impressive an it played fine off the the shelf after stretching the strings in a bit. Sounds great through a few amps including my vox lil night train ..
Hope to add to this wonderful community of Prs devotees..
Steve

Back