Introduce yourself!

sure

20121119_232531.jpg

20121117_002607.jpg

11694997_917694754940023_4581420397870036188_n.jpg

Thanks for letting me join the group. I have two PRSi: an SE Custom 24 Floyd, and a Core Custom 24 Semi-Hollow. Love them both, and really cannot say enough about the quality of these instruments. I almost always have my guitars set up as soon as I get them, but with these two, I didn't need to do anything (the Core was even in tune after I pulled it out of the case). I'd like to think these two have cured my GAS, but I get a sneaky suspicion I'm going to "need' an CE-24 (which is the guitar I lusted after some 25 years ago).

12038301_10207652281289681_3948138661806252458_n.jpg

Hi all, my real name is Simon but my parents always called me coldsummer for short so it kinda stuck.

I have a ridiculous PRS addiction and have bought and sold too many over the years. I figured if I joined the forum it might cure my addiction. I'll post some pics once I figure out how, presumably everyone likes pictures on here?

Edit - OK, it seems to be a Photobucket opportunity, see if these work

Last edited:
This is probably not the place to cure a PRS addiction but welcome.

Ain't that the truth! I had 2 PRSi when I joined the forum. I've added a few since then, and have had bad GAS again the last couple of weeks. Got a vacation planned to Gettysburg next month, and that's way too close to Stevensville. Things could get ugly with the wife on the ride back to Chicago.

BTW Cold, welcome! Nice looking git you've got there!

Thanks guys, you've probably guessed I don't really want to end the addiction! In fact I'm considering my very first Private Stock order, I've had several PS guitars off the shelf but never ordered one to my own spec so it's an exciting prospect. I'll try to take some more pics of my others if I get a chance this weekend.

Hey guys (and gals),

After several months of reading the forum, I decided to finally create an account.

My name is Phil, but you can call me whatever you want (Spidouz or Spid are perfectly fine too), and I'm a PRS addict... which is quite odd since I'm not even a real good guitarist to be perfectly honest. Almost 30 years ago, when I was 10, I did start music as a drummer... and few years later, I was more focus on keyboards and computer programming (with Cubase 1.0 on Atari), 2" tape machine, etc... It's only later that I start to play guitar because I was not in bands anymore and I needed to do everything by myself.

I discover PRS 13 years ago, by a really good friend of mine. We run a studio and he's a PRS addict too with a CU24, 513, PS Santana II, SE Paul Allender, and few other high-end guitars... Here's a quick pics of few of the studio's guitar gear:

21594322172_b5fa98cc0b_o.jpg

21417645080_d43df403f5_o.jpg

At home, I have a very more conservative guitar collection.
I bought a PRS SE 245 Quilt Top LTD that I'm gonna heavily modify next year with two additional 4-way position and Seymour Duncan P-Rails.

And of course, my last, but favorite, I just bought 2 weeks go a PRS Brent Mason White with Maple Neck. 2 years ago, I wanted to buy a PRS DC3 (because I was going for a Strat sound but wanted to stay with PRS). But I didn't have the money at the time... and lately when I finally got the money, the DC3 was not available anymore. I was hoping for a while for a S2 version of the DC3 since it's a very basic shape and could be produced as a S2 guitar now (like they did with the Mira and Starla), but unfortunately, nothing in the horizon so far.

And since the PRS Brent Mason was my dream guitar... I thought, ok, that's not gonna be the DC3 for now, so let's just go the extra mile and go for my dream guitar instead. And I really love it. It's fantastic. And sooner or later, I could maybe still find an used DC3 (with Rosewood neck and birds would be great)... if not, hopefully a S2 version will be there by then. I haven't did picture of the SE 245 or the Brent Mason yet... so I don't have any great pictures.

I'm a PRS addict and I have a love / hate relationship with PRS. Because I love them so much, I hate to see so much good ones that I want to buy... and unfortunately my wallet isn't large enough. I already a PRS wish-list with over 30 models that I would love to buy, including several Private Stock tailored to my wishes... Which is crazy and overkill when we understand that I'm a poor guitarist in comparison to so many great guitarist out there.

But being a geek and electronic instruments player, I just don't have the same feeling and pleasure that with guitars. Great guitars keep their value and keep their quality. Like any great instruments, we can collection them and even pass them to our kids... not something we can generally do with electronic instruments that are quickly obsolete. To me, PRS guitars are more like an investment I can play with when I want :)

Sorry for the long introduction... but as said, I've been reading the forum for a while already so I concentrated all my thoughts in this first comment.

Cheers!
Phil

Hello All! New to the forum, but a PRS aficionado for 10+ years. My arsenal includes an SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary and a new SE Custom 24 Floyd Rose. At one time I owned a CE 24, but lost it in a marital conflict about 5 years ago. Looking to replace the lost CE 24 with a new Custom 24 in the near future.

Hey guys (and gals),

After several months of reading the forum, I decided to finally create an account.

My name is Phil, but you can call me whatever you want (Spidouz or Spid are perfectly fine too), and I'm a PRS addict... which is quite odd since I'm not even a real good guitarist to be perfectly honest. Almost 30 years ago, when I was 10, I did start music as a drummer... and few years later, I was more focus on keyboards and computer programming (with Cubase 1.0 on Atari), 2" tape machine, etc... It's only later that I start to play guitar because I was not in bands anymore and I needed to do everything by myself.

I discover PRS 13 years ago, by a really good friend of mine. We run a studio and he's a PRS addict too with a CU24, 513, PS Santana II, SE Paul Allender, and few other high-end guitars... Here's a quick pics of few of the studio's guitar gear:

21594322172_b5fa98cc0b_o.jpg

21417645080_d43df403f5_o.jpg

At home, I have a very more conservative guitar collection.
I bought a PRS SE 245 Quilt Top LTD that I'm gonna heavily modify next year with two additional 4-way position and Seymour Duncan P-Rails.

And of course, my last, but favorite, I just bought 2 weeks go a PRS Brent Mason White with Maple Neck. 2 years ago, I wanted to buy a PRS DC3 (because I was going for a Strat sound but wanted to stay with PRS). But I didn't have the money at the time... and lately when I finally got the money, the DC3 was not available anymore. I was hoping for a while for a S2 version of the DC3 since it's a very basic shape and could be produced as a S2 guitar now (like they did with the Mira and Starla), but unfortunately, nothing in the horizon so far.

And since the PRS Brent Mason was my dream guitar... I thought, ok, that's not gonna be the DC3 for now, so let's just go the extra mile and go for my dream guitar instead. And I really love it. It's fantastic. And sooner or later, I could maybe still find an used DC3 (with Rosewood neck and birds would be great)... if not, hopefully a S2 version will be there by then. I haven't did picture of the SE 245 or the Brent Mason yet... so I don't have any great pictures.

I'm a PRS addict and I have a love / hate relationship with PRS. Because I love them so much, I hate to see so much good ones that I want to buy... and unfortunately my wallet isn't large enough. I already a PRS wish-list with over 30 models that I would love to buy, including several Private Stock tailored to my wishes... Which is crazy and overkill when we understand that I'm a poor guitarist in comparison to so many great guitarist out there.

But being a geek and electronic instruments player, I just don't have the same feeling and pleasure that with guitars. Great guitars keep their value and keep their quality. Like any great instruments, we can collection them and even pass them to our kids... not something we can generally do with electronic instruments that are quickly obsolete. To me, PRS guitars are more like an investment I can play with when I want :)

Sorry for the long introduction... but as said, I've been reading the forum for a while already so I concentrated all my thoughts in this first comment.

Cheers!
Phil

That is quite the collection! Welcome Phil!

And welcome too Cold. Great looking guitars!

Back