Intro and minimum required posts

Surf King

Hi everyone,
I will be posting pics of my EG-1 from 1993. Now that I am about to replace it, I've become all nostalgic and frankly have
never seen a bolt on with this combo of color, pickguard and pups. I come from the central west coast of early '60s players
where as my screen name suggests, there was a lot of surf music. Also a lot of blues and R&B. Besides Dick Dale, Ventures,
Beach Boys and Paul Revere, there was Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Smith (The Cat) along with Chet Atkins (Teen Beat)
and whatever was on the AM radio.
My EG was bought new at Gelb in Redwood City, CA in 1993. It is translucent cherry red on alder, triple thick white pearl pick guard,
HSS pups with middle and neck being offset Fralins. So I'm going down to try out a couple of S2's (Custom and a McCarty), to
see if my old EG is getting worn out or if it's just me, (highly likely). Also, in my lifetime, I've had three new guitars and all have been
a great experience. I expect the new generation of PRS to be even better, assuming I can get a delivery date.

Hi everyone,
I will be posting pics of my EG-1 from 1993. Now that I am about to replace it, I've become all nostalgic and frankly have
never seen a bolt on with this combo of color, pickguard and pups. I come from the central west coast of early '60s players
where as my screen name suggests, there was a lot of surf music. Also a lot of blues and R&B. Besides Dick Dale, Ventures,
Beach Boys and Paul Revere, there was Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Smith (The Cat) along with Chet Atkins (Teen Beat)
and whatever was on the AM radio.
My EG was bought new at Gelb in Redwood City, CA in 1993. It is translucent cherry red on alder, triple thick white pearl pick guard,
HSS pups with middle and neck being offset Fralins. So I'm going down to try out a couple of S2's (Custom and a McCarty), to
see if my old EG is getting worn out or if it's just me, (highly likely). Also, in my lifetime, I've had three new guitars and all have been
a great experience. I expect the new generation of PRS to be even better, assuming I can get a delivery date.
Welcome to the Asylum for PRS. We're all crazy.

Back