Overhauled and tuned up an old friend.

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
Earlier this week I overhauled my old friend which needed some work on the electronics and fret polishing. I had to replace a bad tone pot and wiring due to pickup changes over the years … of course it always ending up with the original pickups put back in… multiple times LOL. I also installed a new PRS five way switch unfortunately the shaft isn’t as long as original blue ones so I couldn’t use the included washers….. What’s up with that PRS? Unfortunately I no longer have the original blue one. For years it was wired with a toggle switch and push pull tone.

This was my main guitar for 20+ years and I forgot how awesome it sounds with those original HFS and Vintage Bass pups. They are so touch sensitive and loud with great overtones. Very different than the other newer lower output pups on the PRS guitars I own with 5708, 5909, 408, 5815 LT etc…. of course all those are awesome in their own way.

Still looks pretty good even with all it’s chips, scratches, dings and dents. Still sporting the old original PRS forum TRC I bought from the original forum many years ago. Let’s not forget that beautiful Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with those lovely orange brown shades. BTW, This wide thin neck is thinner depth wise than any of the other wide thin necks I’ve checked out over the years. Very comfortable fast neck to play. It’s been a joy rediscovering this instrument.

rtRyPeQ.jpg

aGTNWmB.jpg

Em6WgHg.jpg

jXCexTN.jpg

OG PRS Forum TRC AND a perfect Christmas tree?!?!
You’re KING OF THE FORUM for today. Seriously.:)
I take pride in my XMAS tree old school tuners. ;) The key is pulling the B and high E strings tight enough (without slicing your finger) so they catch the auto lock of the tuner.... those stings have the most stretch I suppose.

It is awesome, wish they offered it again.

Yeah! I’ve always wanted one with it.

Yessss The up Trem is really cool, one of the reasons why it became my #1 guitar over my 1st PRS guitar a 1989 Sig series... also because the neck is just awesome. Many years later I bought a 1988 Employee Cu24 that had an up-trem but sold it. They should offer that option again. I wonder if you can get that on a PS.

I take pride in my XMAS tree old school tuners. ;) The key is pulling the B and high E strings tight enough (without slicing your finger) so they catch the auto lock of the tuner.... those stings have the most stretch I suppose.
I wrap the string around my diagonal cutters to pull them. More tension that way.
Save your digits.

Back