Intro and First PRS Acoustic Private Stock

pickwithaustin

Hello. I have been playing guitar since the late 1960's. I currently have about 120 guitars in my collection. The better acoustics are mostly Taylor's and Gibson. I had never considered a PRS until I was in one of our local shops (GuitarRez in Austin, TX) and my wife fell in love with the look and sound of the PRS. A few days later, we walked out with our first PRS - a Private Stock with West African Ebony back and sides. In fact, while researching the guitar before buying, I found my actual guitar listed in some photos right here on the PRS website! http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...oustic_with_west_african_ebony_back_and_sides

I will upload some photos of it in a bit, but I wanted to introduce myself and share my new guitar.

Hello and thank you for the welcome.
Here are a few photos of the new PRS. It's hard to capture this one in photos and I only used my cell phone, but it at least is a fair idea of what this one looks like.

PRS01.jpg

PRS02.jpg

PRS03.jpg

PRS04.jpg

PRS05.jpg

PRS06.jpg

PRS07.jpg

PRS08.jpg

PRS09.jpg

PRS010.jpg

I have a lot of Gibson and Taylor acoustics, including Custom Shop and Built To Order models... but this PRS is the highest dollar guitar I have to date. I actually owe the purchase to my wife, as it was she who became attracted to the PRS's first and it was she who, while driving home from just browsing our local guitar heaven (GuitarRez in Austin, TX), that she told me, "You should get a PRS." Hmmm... not a bad thing for a wife to say, huh? :) At any rate, I am now wondering if/when there will be a PRS acoustic 12 string model. I am a 12 string player and though I know it will cost even more, I'd love to add a 12 one day. (Jim, you can take note of that!)

Interesting side & back wood selection. The guitar undoubtedly has extreme mid-range "punch" - aka "balls" to it? Fair guess?

Interesting side & back wood selection. The guitar undoubtedly has extreme mid-range "punch" - aka "balls" to it? Fair guess?

Yes indeed and also a very nice bass tone. My initial selection was a few lower range cocobolo models that my wife really liked but just for the fun of it we asked to see this bad boy, which was not even on display and hand to be brought out from the back. It took a whole two seconds to switch gears and go with this one over the other two. It was a significant bump up in the price, but the difference was noticeable enough.

Now what's sad is that I'm already thinking about my next guitar. :p

Hello. I have been playing guitar since the late 1960's. I currently have about 120 guitars in my collection. The better acoustics are mostly Taylor's and Gibson. I had never considered a PRS until I was in one of our local shops (GuitarRez in Austin, TX) and my wife fell in love with the look and sound of the PRS. A few days later, we walked out with our first PRS - a Private Stock with West African Ebony back and sides. In fact, while researching the guitar before buying, I found my actual guitar listed in some photos right here on the PRS website! http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...oustic_with_west_african_ebony_back_and_sides

I will upload some photos of it in a bit, but I wanted to introduce myself and share my new guitar.

Wow Thats a lot of guitars, and I must say it sounds like you've got a great wife too.... :)

Back