Intonation Screws issue - Seems to be a PRS issue.

Andy Power

I have two PRS Guitars a Modern Eagle V 2020 Expo ltd and a PRS Special.
The intonation screws have come out of my ME-V and have had to be replaced on 3 occasions, last night the top E string Intonation screw came out on my PRS Special rendering it unplayable as the saddle flips up....
In all my years as a professional musician this has never happened in any guitar I have owned except on my two PRS guitars - and these are the most expensive....
obviously theres an issue.

Odd, I’ve never heard of this before, though I have had a trem screw back out on its own a few times on one guitar. PRS issue or not, you’d best take it on yourself to put it on your maintenance checklist before a gig. You could always shoot an email over to PRS support and see if they’ve had complaints on it or have a more permanent fix option for you.

I have two PRS Guitars a Modern Eagle V 2020 Expo ltd and a PRS Special.
The intonation screws have come out of my ME-V and have had to be replaced on 3 occasions, last night the top E string Intonation screw came out on my PRS Special rendering it unplayable as the saddle flips up....
In all my years as a professional musician this has never happened in any guitar I have owned except on my two PRS guitars - and these are the most expensive....
obviously theres an issue.
Are they from around the same time? If so, most likely a bad batch. Maybe PRS can replace your bridge for free.

If it's happening on these 2 guitars and not just one or not from another brand, then it's definitely a PRS fault, not yours, not wherever you bought it.

Never heard of this in the 33 years I've been playing PRS! I've been on the forums since 2000, too.

I've had a lot of PRS guitars since then - 35-40 over the years - and it has ever happened.

It isn't a normal PRS thing. Perhaps your setups are far enough from factory spec that they're very unusual.

It happens. I've heard this complaint maybe twice in the last 20 years.

Unfortunately you'll have to fix it somehow. Locktite or nail polish is the easiest bandaid, next would be a stronger spring. Otherwise you'll need to replace the saddles and screws.

Back