Interesting find b-stock soapbar custom

TrevorSOJA

So I came across a guitar with some unusual markings and I haven’t seen much info around about it. I was looking for a soapbar custom for awhile now and found an 01 in ruby with a pretty plain looking quilt top and a maple neck/fb. I have an artist stock guitar with an AS on the back of the neck but never seen a B-stock from the same era with a B on the body and headstock.. anyone else ever seen this or have more info? I know they do b-stock se guitars now, as they are all over reverb. Anyway let me know

6-A393-B0-D-87-F2-4-B3-F-B37-F-582757-E5-E726.jpg

6-A393-B0-D-87-F2-4-B3-F-B37-F-582757-E5-E726.jpg

5-FB48950-CBE7-4-E11-8-D52-A28-D4-D6798-A5.jpg

413-C32-F3-7-F49-4-B77-8-E7-D-1-DCD67-F4-C5-B4.jpg

Years ago, I had a B Stock" Artist I...

The only flaw I could find was that someone was a little too aggressive in sanding the top and the natural binding was a bit more narrow in one small area...

It only had the "B" stamped into the back of the headstock. Not on the body...

Hey Trev, I had a Soapbar Custom "B" just like yours. Great guitar. In fact, I sold it right around the time you bought yours!

I mentioned it to you, but as an FYI for the board: I talked to the PRS folks about this guitar. They said that, unlike Gibson, they don't release "flawed" guitars, regardless of how insignificant the flaw(s) might be.

They said that a PRS "B" stock was generally either a demo (i.e. in their showroom) or a loaner, often to an artist. So if you have a PRS "B" stock, don't burn out while searching for the hidden flaws!

Nice one!!
What's more strange to me is why did it have kluson tuners with a trem.....

Back