Incoming SE DGT

Scooterjohn

Let's try this again.

Couldn't find a single one in my area, but managed to find one of each type DGTs in a music store during a trip to the Nashville area last week.

I'd never played any of the SEs before, but after Tim Pierce's review of the DGT, I did a deep dive on the history of what led to the guitar, plus a whole lot of other reviews, and it put the hook in me.

I did find the frets to be taller than anything else I own, but felt sure I'd get used to it. I decided to get one.

Once home again, I found SW had five in stock, so I ordered the lightest one on hand. It gets to me on Thursday.

Congrats, I just got mine from SW a week ago, fantastic guitar, at the price it’s a great deal. Neck is fuller but very comfortable. Fret ends on mine are great, and I like the size just fine. Great pickups too. Hopefully you’ll enjoy yours as much as I have. Just bought a new strap for it too.

It's unfortunate that you encountered one that really seems "off" to me. I just played two great ones in the Nashville area. Of course the one I ordered from SW hasn't arrived yet, and I will of course, share my thoughts then.

I could add the SW pics of it...but really, I think they were having trouble getting good goldtop pics...plus, when you have five goldtops on stands, they pretty much look alike when photographed that way. I've seen better DGT pics.

Back