Incoming! One more try!

Holy crap, Tag! That's frickin' beautiful. How about a pic of this baby and the L5s?

Gibson L5, PRS HB, Gibson L5 Lee Ritenour :)

2016-02-28%2022.15.24_zpsawm36tcc.jpg

Adding this one because the Guild is 100% hollow too, and is such an unreal guitar it belongs right in with the other three! All 5 Lbs of it!

2016-02-28%2022.29.02_zpss1y8qkg6.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to do two quick clips. Sounds pretty big for a little hollowbody! Sorry quality is bad. Im lazy and did them both with my Phone. (Samsung Edge) Both are done straight into my Quinn TKT183 Dumble clone.

CLEAN

OVERDRIVE

Tag, brother, these sound great! The guitar sounds huge, love those pickups and the tones you got. And of course as always, most excellent playing.

Reactions: Tag
Gibson L5, PRS HB, Gibson L5 Lee Ritenour :)

Adding this one because the Guild is 100% hollow too, and is such an unreal guitar it belongs right in with the other three! All 5 Lbs of it!

What a happy coincidence that I also have a Guild M-75 Aristocrat... I play mine unplugged; its incredibly loud for its size. How does your PRS HB and the Guild compare acoustically?

What a happy coincidence that I also have a Guild M-75 Aristocrat... I play mine unplugged; its incredibly loud for its size. How does your PRS HB and the Guild compare acoustically?
Funky, that Guild is an amazing guitar. Off the charts great. Plugged in, its one of my favorite tones ever. They also make a usa Version with all solid woods i would LOVE to try, but its big $$. For $900, this one is crazy good. Its actually louder than the PRS acoustically. How that is possible with no F holes I have no idea. But what the PRS does is give me more of an archtop tone acoustically. Its much more of what I want to hear unplugged. Once you plug them in though, its a very tough call. That Guild is insane, and has one of the most hollow, airy notes of any guitar I have played. In ways, it sounded better than my buddies DAngelicos and my Johnny Smith. It only weighs 5 lbs, so its like holding a helium filled balloon! They are both great, but very different. The PRS is much more traditional sounding which I like. The Guild has monster acoustic volume, and all kinds of air and coolness plugged in, but its more of a unique, all its own voice. Love both!!!

Tag, brother, these sound great! The guitar sounds huge, love those pickups and the tones you got. And of course as always, most excellent playing.
Thanks Les! Love the guitar! It does sound really big, which is important to me. The 57/08s take the plinkyness out which always bugged me about the archtop pups. Great move by PRS to switch them!

Funky, that Guild is an amazing guitar. Off the charts great. Plugged in, its one of my favorite tones ever.

Sounds like I need to plug in my Guild! I agree it's an amazing guitar. I'm always torn dividing time between instruments... Nice problem to have, I guess.
Thanks for your views Tag. Great playing BTW.

Reactions: Tag
Back