Incoming! One more try!

Tag

I think I got lucky this time. ;) I found a 2006 HB II artist pack with what seems to be the original bracing. (Very little) It also has had the pups upgraded to 57/08s which is what I would have done anyway. The dealer says it rings out nice and loud acoustically which is very important to me with this guitar. Its going to be used for LOTS of transcribing and practice late at night with no amp, as well as playing with just a bass player. My L5s are much to loud and bulky for this. Killer top and back as well. Will be here before 8 pm today. Pics and a clip when it arrives. :)

I`m anxious to see what you think. i`m an old archtop guy who still hasn`t strayed from the tired and true.

Yeah, the Archtop has all the tone of an HB with slightly better balance, in my opinion. Yank the Archtop pups, drop in a set of 57/08's, and you're golden.

Good luck on this one, Tag. I'll be interested to see how this works out. You're tone search is the stuff of legend.

giphy.gif

It came in, and Im blown away! Top and back is probably the best wood I have had on a production PRS. Wow! Nice deep 3D flame.Thats what an Artist pack should look like! Tone is just what wanted. Resonant, with nice volume for practicing and learning. Plays like tonal butter. ( Yes, tonal. :) ) Just what I would expect from PRS. Infinitely better without those braces muting everything for my style. Like a totally different model! Here it is. Plugged in report and clips later! Very excited!
Prs%20hb2_zpszqpnxp9g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Prs%20hb2_zpszqpnxp9g.jpg

Prs%20hb%20back%202_zpsjt1fyxwp.jpeg

Awesome! Glad you managed to track down what you were looking for. Much happiness to you!

Thanks guys! One HUGE secret that I have found is with the 57/08s, they need to be as high as you can get them without odd noises. Like me CU 22 semi hollow, this guitar just went from very good to just about as good as it can get by raising those fu#ckers up! HUGE difference! The guitar is just about on equal footing tonally with my Pomegranate, which remains the best electric guitar I have ever played. (For me and my style and taste) For guys who are not in love with their old HBs or archtops, and they sound a bit plinky, yank those pups out, put in some 57/08s and raise them up! Its like a totally different guitar! I will get a clip up tonight. Thanks to Lark Guitars for their patience looking at my bracing pics, sticking their fingers in the F hole and describing to me what they felt, (ouch!!) and sending me back internal bracing pics of this one to make sure we got it right. Very much appreciated! And thanks to you guys for helping me figure this bracing thing out. It took months! Without the pics you guys posted I would never have gotten it right. VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD! PRS KICKS ASS! Now where are those dancing bananas?? AH!!

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Back