Incoming! NGD Cu24 Artist Yeehaaa!!!

The PTC won't do it as an aftermarket mod?
Hi there Dusty,
I suppose the PTC could do a mod to replace a blade switch with a 3 way toggle, but it would seem to be more of a nuisance than it's worth. Strip the top, fill the blade cut (how could that be disguised on a light charcoal top?), make the dimple for the toggle, install the 3 way toggle and then refinish the top. Alternately I suppose the 5 way blade could be replaced by a 3 way blade easily enough, but I'm not a fan of blade switches on a PRS at all. That said, I'm really grateful to the good folks at Dave's and at PRS for making this happen for me the way I wanted it :D

Last edited:
Okay, well the important thing for us all to celebrate (besides 'new guitar' -- happy new guitar!) is that you got what you wanted. Cheers to that! Also: all of these questions are hypothetical, since they are all moot.

That said, yeah, I think the dimple would be the hard part, that's going to be a lot of woodwork just to change the electronics. And they may not even be able to do it that way -- that dimple is part of the initial CNC machine routing. It's just designed into the top. They might not be able to make any other top into that kind of top without an inordinate amount of work, if at all.

What's the difference between a 3-way blade and a 3-way toggle? That sounds like the beginning to a riddle, but it's actually a serious question. I've grown numb to all the different configurations. Add to that that I frequently play guitars from other companies that have yet other configurations still, and that's...muh...I think I'll have a lie-down.

Do we know what pickups are in it?
Hi there,
I ordered it with the \m/ pickups. For the most part I play hard rock and metal, and I wanted to check out how a Cu24 would sound with these pickups. I've loved the HFS/VB combos in my Cu24s of the past, and 4 of my 5 current PRS have 59/09s (which I love). I'm really looking forward to playing this beast, I think it will sound monstrous! :D

The wood, THE WOOD! Congratulations on a wonderful score.

As for the slide switch vs. toggle, I would not mess with the guitar, just play it and enjoy what it brings you. ;)

Hi there,
I ordered it with the \m/ pickups. For the most part I play hard rock and metal, and I wanted to check out how a Cu24 would sound with these pickups. I've loved the HFS/VB combos in my Cu24s of the past, and 4 of my 5 current PRS have 59/09s (which I love). I'm really looking forward to playing this beast, I think it will sound monstrous! :D
Right on brother! I've yet to try those pickups, but I hear they are awesome and a bit more darker. If you get the chance you should write a little about the sound once you cut deeper in the matter.

Personally, I think the guitar is killer. I have 3 way blade, and 3 way toggle on various guitars. I only hear a difference on the third Thursday of the month if there is an August moon and the temperature is between 70 & 80 with humidity around 43 per cent. Other than that I don`t hear any differences on mine.

Personally, I think the guitar is killer. I have 3 way blade, and 3 way toggle on various guitars. I only hear a difference on the third Thursday of the month if there is an August moon and the temperature is between 70 & 80 with humidity around 43 per cent. Other than that I don`t hear any differences on mine.
Hi there,
Thanks, I appreciate! I hear ya about the difference between a 3-way blade and 3-way toggle, no real difference. I like a 3-way toggle only because it's a personal preference, it just works better for me.

Back