NGD Modern Eagle V

MWebster

Hello all, just signed up today.
Happy new year to everyone!

I've read this forum for quite some time now. It's a great community with many dedicated and helpful members. In the modern age of guitars I believe PRS is in a fairly unique position among it's peers. I've always liked PRS guitars, my first being a 1998 CE standard 22 all mahogany that I sorely miss.

More recently I picked up an SE version of the Paul's guitar which has blown me away because of how good the pickups are, the specs and most importantly it feels like a proper PRS IMO and I've since been on the hunt for a core Paul's guitar. Kind of that, this is so damn good I wonder what the core is like. Is that the ultimate goal of the SE line? If so, well done. Anyway, I was also looking at Custom 24-08's too but mostly wanting a Paul's guitar. Then I saw the 408 model that was similar to the Paul's guitar but with a tremolo, nice.. I had a few in mind but there was a level of hesitancy with each that kept me from pulling the trigger and then...

I stumbled across this, which is a 2020 Experience PRS Modern Eagle V River Blue in mint condition. It's got the Paul's guitar vibe, a colour I love (faded denim, faded whale blue fan here) a tremolo! the 250k/500k pot switch, hybrid switching system. It has everything I've been humming and hawing about other models not having and wondering if I could live without. What's odd is it was just advertised just as PRS, I've been searching for something like this for a while and it never came up until tonight when I grabbed it almost instantly. Otherwise I think it would've been gone by now because, for what it is, I believe it was a good price at around 5800 CAD or 4300-ish USD.

Anyway I feel proud to finally contribute a NGD here I've never owned a PRS of this caliber and I'll post more photos when I receive it. Sorry if these photos don't work I'm not quite familiar with all this. I wanted to fill that void my old CE left, that core PRS playability and I think this will have it.

z2yl4nyyf06tticgglpo.jpg
fvper5oz6pyqa530qxud.jpg
ymshtifmkexf2utlayjo.jpg

Hello all, just signed up today.
Happy new year to everyone!

I've read this forum for quite some time now. It's a great community with many dedicated and helpful members. In the modern age of guitars I believe PRS is in a fairly unique position among it's peers. I've always liked PRS guitars, my first being a 1998 CE standard 22 all mahogany that I sorely miss.

More recently I picked up an SE version of the Paul's guitar which has blown me away because of how good the pickups are, the specs and most importantly it feels like a proper PRS IMO and I've since been on the hunt for a core Paul's guitar. Kind of that, this is so damn good I wonder what the core is like. Is that the ultimate goal of the SE line? If so, well done. Anyway, I was also looking at Custom 24-08's too but mostly wanting a Paul's guitar. Then I saw the 408 model that was similar to the Paul's guitar but with a tremolo, nice.. I had a few in mind but there was a level of hesitancy with each that kept me from pulling the trigger and then...

I stumbled across this, which is a 2020 Experience PRS Modern Eagle V River Blue in mint condition. It's got the Paul's guitar vibe, a colour I love (faded denim, faded whale blue fan here) a tremolo! the 250k/500k pot switch, hybrid switching system. It has everything I've been humming and hawing about other models not having and wondering if I could live without. What's odd is it was just advertised just as PRS, I've been searching for something like this for a while and it never came up until tonight when I grabbed it almost instantly. Otherwise I think it would've been gone by now because, for what it is, I believe it was a good price at around 5800 CAD or 4300-ish USD.

Anyway I feel proud to finally contribute a NGD here I've never owned a PRS of this caliber and I'll post more photos when I receive it. Sorry if these photos don't work I'm not quite familiar with all this. I wanted to fill that void my old CE left, that core PRS playability and I think this will have it.

z2yl4nyyf06tticgglpo.jpg
fvper5oz6pyqa530qxud.jpg
ymshtifmkexf2utlayjo.jpg
Nice.

Back