I'm slipping

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
5 years ago, I never would've thought twice about calling in to work on a NGD or NAD. I wouldn't have thought twice if there was a Packers or Badgers football game on that I really wanted to watch. Today, I've got both those things and working the later hours that I loathe. Yet, today I came to work. :iamconfused:
I feel slightly disappointed and disgusted with myself:rofl: I mean, the last few years I haven't even used all my sick time(which isn't much)! Granted, today I'm not waiting for something truly new that is unexplored. but still. It's the opening night of REAL football for crying out loud! Maybe I'm dead inside, responsible, dependable....boring.

That is just part of the aging process. Soon you'll be a complete curmidgeon like the rest of us old timers.

Well on the upside, I didn't burn a sick day. When I checked tracking this morning, and it said Thursday, just checked again and it says Friday. So...I have an opportunity to right this wrong if I choose. I should be done working around halftime of the game so I will probably see the end. Decisions...

Well on the upside, I didn't burn a sick day. When I checked tracking this morning, and it said Thursday, just checked again and it says Friday. So...I have an opportunity to right this wrong if I choose. I should be done working around halftime of the game so I will probably see the end. Decisions...

Now you're talking.
Watch the end of the game.
Play guitar tomorrow.

Ahh... You're not slipping, you're just highly tuned into your internal tracking mechanism.

Do you need me to come over and knock some sense back into you? :box:

Apparently so. Even after a 2nd chance, I'm back at work again. I'm a failure.

Earlier this week I found myself delaying a NGD due to not wanting to leave work and hit the store after its arrival. I waited until the next day and didn't even play it until the following day. What are we doing to ourselves??

Earlier this week I found myself delaying a NGD due to not wanting to leave work and hit the store after its arrival. I waited until the next day and didn't even play it until the following day. What are we doing to ourselves??
Oh man...
Maybe we should schedule a call in to work day that everyone just hangs out and plays guitar.

Back