I'll be spending more time with these girls (pics)

I end up picking up the guitar with full intentions of working out something new. But what happens is that I break into the exact same things that I am already comfortable with. Then, by the time I go through a lot of that. I feel like I have done enough. So I never expand out of my comfort zone to practice something new. So I gotta work on that this year.
There is quite a bit that I play daily that has been outside my comfort zone for at least the last 3 years:). I keep telling myself it is slowly getting better.....

I can see why. You an dankat are blessed with exceptional examples.
You talkin' about this hottie?
AOTZ8bw.jpg

N4PdMYiibfxxAaAg9

Or this one? :D
wWiCiL7.jpg

G4WngpuM2C37pCF78

Last edited by a moderator:
OK....so a week in to 2019 and I am STILL falling into the habit of just playing stuff that I am familiar and comfortable with. Which basically means I am not expanding my range or learning anything new. WTF man.....I gotta break this habit. I might have to bite the bullet and get one of my Berklee friends to give me at least a format as to WHAT to practice. :-/

OK....so a week in to 2019 and I am STILL falling into the habit of just playing stuff that I am familiar and comfortable with. Which basically means I am not expanding my range or learning anything new. WTF man.....I gotta break this habit. I might have to bite the bullet and get one of my Berklee friends to give me at least a format as to WHAT to practice. :-/

That’s been a hard thing for me to master. A few years ago, I wrote up a chart - various scales and such to work on, a week at a time, forcing me to do something a little different each week. The idea didn’t stick - after a few months, I got out of the routine and never got back in.

That’s been a hard thing for me to master. A few years ago, I wrote up a chart - various scales and such to work on, a week at a time, forcing me to do something a little different each week. The idea didn’t stick - after a few months, I got out of the routine and never got back in.

This has been me for 30 years! I bought a book called Guitar Aerobics - A 52 Week, One Lick Per Day Workout Program. I bought it to break out of my rut. I've had it a year. Still haven't opened it!

This has been me for 30 years! I bought a book called Guitar Aerobics - A 52 Week, One Lick Per Day Workout Program. I bought it to break out of my rut. I've had it a year. Still haven't opened it!

Well, I'm not what you'd call a "self improvement expert," but I don't think that's how it works.

I'm a sucker for natural maple. I had an Alvarez jumbo acoustic that had flame maple back & sides. They don't make them with flame like that anymore. Probably should have kept it.

I traded a Dean acoustic bass for a Schecter Stiletto 5 string bass a while back. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Schecter.

I'm a sucker for natural maple. I had an Alvarez jumbo acoustic that had flame maple back & sides. They don't make them with flame like that anymore. Probably should have kept it.

I traded a Dean acoustic bass for a Schecter Stiletto 5 string bass a while back. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Schecter.
I just drunk purchased a Stiletto custom 5 in natural on Wednesday night. It should be here in the beginning of next week.

Mine's an Extreme. Felt kind of bad, as the Dean only cost me $80 but the guy was alright with it.

Ibanez has an Artcore guitar in natural flame maple that I'm lusting over. AS203, I believe (looks like the Gibson Dot, etc). Saw one pop up on the local CL, but didn't have the cash for it.

I just drunk purchased a Stiletto custom 5 in natural on Wednesday night. It should be here in the beginning of next week.

Ok, I’m no fashion expert, but won’t the stilettos clash with your cowboy hat? I realize they accentuate the calves. I use softball spikes for that. But then, I don’t have a cowboy hat either. Not that I wouldn’t like one. I’m going to have to ask Sergio about this. He’s who I usually consult for fashion questions.

Ok, I’m no fashion expert, but won’t the stilettos clash with your cowboy hat? I realize they accentuate the calves. I use softball spikes for that. But then, I don’t have a cowboy hat either. Not that I wouldn’t like one. I’m going to have to ask Sergio about this. He’s who I usually consult for fashion questions.
Well, since I don't really know what I am doing with a bass, I figured I should 1: like what it looks like....and 2: it should be able to do it all until I know what I like. Apparently, this bass is kind of a jack of all trades but master of none. Basically the Mexican Strat of basses. I should be able to gig with it if I ever reach that level, but not break the pocket like some Warmoth or Specter stuff.

Well, since I don't really know what I am doing with a bass, I figured I should 1: like what it looks like....and 2: it should be able to do it all until I know what I like. Apparently, this bass is kind of a jack of all trades but master of none. Basically the Mexican Strat of basses. I should be able to gig with it if I ever reach that level, but not break the pocket like some Warmoth or Specter stuff.

I was joking man! Re-read my post. It’s late on Saturday night. Just having some fun. Maybe I should go to bed before you figure out what I meant! :D

Back