I wish there was a stock 594 “Black Beauty” option

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
Core 594 Singlecut, solid black nitro, ebony board, gold hardware. It’s a classic combo. But I think it’d have to be a dealer WL run to get the ebony board and gold hardware, even though the solid top color doesn’t need a nicer flame pattern (or any flame). If you can even find a black 594, and swap in gold hardware yourself, it still has a rosewood board.

I wish this look was easier to get.

The black 594 part is possible, the gold and ebony will be the kicker.

MW79YBi.jpg

Last edited:
Google Private Stock #7171.
This one haunts me.
Do I dare? Is it the one that triggered me a while back as it is?

Let’s find out..

Ok.. yeah, that’s one of them. And there was one more. I think it was an artist relations singlecut that had soapbar pickups, one piece McCarty bridge bridge, and binding. Can’t find it though.

My McCarty SC 594 has an ebony fretboard and hybrid (mostly gold) hardware, but I wouldn’t have the guts to refin it black. Besides, Black Beauties ought to have 3 pickups.
There was actually an Artist Package Singlecut with an ebony board and rosewood neck. And it had a natural finish, which I don’t personal care for, so ai wouldn’t have minded doing a refin to black. But that was getting into silly $$ territory already, nervermind new hardware and pickups.

Back in 2019, I asked my dealer about ordering a 594 SC just like that: solid black, gold hardware and ebony board. PRS said, "no problem" (although hybrid hardware) and gave the dealer a quote. Not much of an upcharge, either.

That was pre-Covid world insanity though, when they weren't as overwhelmed, so I am not sure if they will do special orders. I know for a fact the PTC is still not doing any extensive mods for customers due to backlog.

It haunts me too at that price That store in Ukraine prices their stuff crazy high.
You wonder how people could get so far out of touch with reality. That listing is a prime example of such.

You wonder how people could get so far out of touch with reality. That listing is a prime example of such.
I read in one of the listings that they posted where they threw in a bit about the money will be going to help the people of Ukraine. What a sales pitch

I read in one of the listings that they posted where they threw in a bit about the money will be going to help the people of Ukraine. What a sales pitch

Technically, aren't they "people of Ukraine"? Sure, it implies "all", but...

I dunno, Ladkor is a dealer and a forum member. What he’s asking for his sh!t is his business, and if dude wants to ask something that y’all feel is unreasonable, go place a Private Stock order with a different dealer.

Maybe it’s his guitar? Or maybe it’s a shop piece not unlike some other dealers that put higher prices on stuff they’re less inclined to move, but serve as an
advertisement or interest piece.

To my knowledge, nobody else here knows what’s it’s like to run a guitar shop in a country that Ivan is shelling to f@cking pieces.

Hit a nerve did we? The great thing is that we can talk and discuss and have an opinion about anything on this forum. And actually the price he’s asking is anyone’s business that is thinking about purchasing the guitar, especially if a claim about the money being donated to a cause is made.

I only pop in occasionally, but...

Ladkor is a dealer/forum member? I thought them a total scammer site.

Hmmm, then I'd like a word.

They long ago listed my avatar guitar as being for sale by them; I can assure you they've never had it.

prs-custom-24-lefty-top-10-solana-burst-quilt-crop-c0-5__0-5-525x799.gif

Back