I want another one!! Help me decide

rpoce24

I own a CE24 semi hollow which is my goto guitar, and a Silver Sky. I also own a metal front Zemaitis that (Japanese made one), that hits the hot LP side of things, as well as a LP Studio. I want another guitar, and find myself wanting to get the original, the Custom 24. At the same time I want to compliment what I already have, not necessarily hit the same tonal range. I am looking at several of the 35th anniversary custom 24's that are still available (I kinda like the 24-08 switching), but would be open to other models. I know the CE and the Custom share the same 85/15 pickups, is that going to make the sound too close? I did find a 24 I was considering making an offer on, but it has a Pattern regular neck vs. the Pattern thin I am used too. Would the neck make that much of a difference?

I also saw a Paul's guitar I liked the look of of also. I know that has a different vibe.

Thanks

Find a custom 24 with 59/09 and thank me later. Awesome pickups.

I too was concerned about a pattern or pattern regular neck until I got one, now I have both and prefer them to my W/T guitars.

Last edited:
I have also seen a few with the rosewood neck. Just so I know I am seeing this correct. The serial numbers are stamped on the rosewood?

This guy gets it.

I think he does. I did like the suggestion of finding on with 59/09's to I sure it is totally different. I still struggle with the idea of how much the guitar vs. The pickups contribute to overall sound.

I looked at the neck specs, and pattern regular vs. Pattern thin seems so miniscule, meaning 1/64 th or 1/32 nd, but it looks a little deeper on the cross section.

All the guitars I eventually want, but the CU24 is really my top want.

1. Custom 24
2. Paul's Guitar
3. Something P90
4. Hollowbody

I think he does. I did like the suggestion of finding on with 59/09's to I sure it is totally different. I still struggle with the idea of how much the guitar vs. The pickups contribute to overall sound.

I looked at the neck specs, and pattern regular vs. Pattern thin seems so miniscule, meaning 1/64 th or 1/32 nd, but it looks a little deeper on the cross section.

All the guitars I eventually want, but the CU24 is really my top want.

1. Custom 24
2. Paul's Guitar
3. Something P90
4. Hollowbody

I’ve never played the 59/09 pickups so I can’t comment on that but I love the 85/15 MT pickups in my 24-08.

The biggest difference I noticed between pattern thin and pattern regular was the difference in nut width. Pattern regular is a little bit more narrow than pattern thin. I prefer pattern thin and pattern the most.

Paul’s with zebra pickups.

CU24 with same pickups, ehhhhhhhhh. At least get 59/09s

Find a custom 24 with 59/09 and thank me later. Awesome pickups.

I too was concerned about a pattern or pattern regular neck until I got one, now I have both and prefer them to my W/T guitars.
I have a 2011 cu24 with 5909s, incredible guitar

Back