I sold my 09' Smokeburst PRS!!!! Couldn't be happier!

It always amazes me as guitar players the small differences we can feel in necks

The funny thing is, I can feel them immediately, but within a certain range of variance, they don't bother me at all. I think I have at least 4 different PRS neck profiles, and I have a few other guitars. The varying shapes of the neck and the fingerboards of all the guitars I own, don't bother me at all. Yes, I feel them immediately, but if it's within my comfort range, it doesn't bother me at all. If I play one out of that range, I knew it immediately, and don't go any further.

What amazes me is people who will say something like "I have to have a pattern regular only. Pattern thin is too thin." Or, "wide fat is too wide,or fat" or something similar to that. As you said, all the PRS neck profiles are really close to the same measurements. There are no baseball bat necks, no Wizard wide D or whatever they want to call them. Some of those necks I immediately dislike and wouldn't play or buy. But all the PRS necks are in my sweet spot, I guess. Although I have two EBMM with necks I love (and both are very different) and my Carvin has a great neck. Heck my MIK JS100 has a VERY nice neck for an affordable guitar (that I need to sell. Too nice to sit in the case unplayed, which it has since I got all these PRS guitars).

Couldn't have said it better myself! A friend said the same about PRS neck as well so he doesn't think I will like any of them.

Back