I now have the SE SAS and SE CE!!

Eagerly waiting for photos and a write up after you've gathered your thoughts on them.

Many times people anguish over having to go with one or the other so I applaud your bold action to just grab both.

Eagerly waiting for photos and a write up after you've gathered your thoughts on them.

Many times people anguish over having to go with one or the other so I applaud your bold action to just grab both.
I've had the SAS since Tues and enjoying the feel of a bolt on....im just anxious about 24 frets on the CE....I generally don't get along with 24 but for the few hundred bucks I paid after my credit im gonna give it a shot....the SAS is killer but you can def hear and feel a difference in my USA made PRSi....they'll be great gigging and traveling shows guitars as even the S2s are pricey now to bring into Brooklyn and NYC....

Congrats! I am also one that doesn't really love 24 fret guitars. Out of my entire collection, I have 3, 24 fret guitars. I can play them but it takes a slight adjustment to the extra frets. After a few minutes I almost don't notice. I tend to shift the guitar a little to the right and then it feels more comfortable to me. I also like the sound of the neck pickup more on a 22 fret guitar. I started playing on a 22 fret guitar and even though I had a period of time where a 24 fret guitar was my main guitar, I still gravitate to the 22 fret guitars. I just like the sound and feel better.

I think PRS missed the boat a little on the two new models you mentioned. I think they should have put a wide fat neck on the SAS and made the CE in a 22 fret model. They could have done both 22 and 24 frets on the CE. The 22 fret CE should also have the wide fat neck on it. These are the configurations that were good sellers in the past in the core line.

Well to be honest the CE was lighter and overall sounded tighter than the SAS but I sent it back to zzounds this afternoon because 24 fritters isn't my bag....it looked great too!! Theyre both winners fellas....

I'm really on the fence about the SE SAS. I can sorta live with the wide thin neck, but the real disappointment to me is the 85-15 pu's. I have several PRS's with those and I really think there needs to be an SE version of the narrowfields on this guitar. I'm gonna hold off until I can actually get my jands on one. Lord knows (and my wife), I don't need another guitar, but........

Congrats! I am also one that doesn't really love 24 fret guitars. Out of my entire collection, I have 3, 24 fret guitars. I can play them but it takes a slight adjustment to the extra frets. After a few minutes I almost don't notice. I tend to shift the guitar a little to the right and then it feels more comfortable to me. I also like the sound of the neck pickup more on a 22 fret guitar. I started playing on a 22 fret guitar and even though I had a period of time where a 24 fret guitar was my main guitar, I still gravitate to the 22 fret guitars. I just like the sound and feel better.

I think PRS missed the boat a little on the two new models you mentioned. I think they should have put a wide fat neck on the SAS and made the CE in a 22 fret model. They could have done both 22 and 24 frets on the CE. The 22 fret CE should also have the wide fat neck on it. These are the configurations that were good sellers in the past in the core line.
I agree about the wide fat neck on the SAS, but I also think it should have an SE version of the narrowfields. 85-15s are kinda meh. I've never kept a 24 fret guitar for more than a couple of months, so I swear I won't ever buy another one.

I agree about the wide fat neck on the SAS, but I also think it should have an SE version of the narrowfields. 85-15s are kinda meh. I've never kept a 24 fret guitar for more than a couple of months, so I swear I won't ever buy another one.
Yeah the 24 frets throw me off....35 years of playing 22 and 21 here and there....the neck is comfortable on the SAS it actually feels overall bigger than my S2 pattern regulars....for the price they're great...my only gripe is the weight of the SAS...mine 8.5lbs....

Yeah the 24 frets throw me off....35 years of playing 22 and 21 here and there....the neck is comfortable on the SAS it actually feels overall bigger than my S2 pattern regulars....for the price they're great...my only gripe is the weight of the SAS...mine 8.5lbs....
It is a bit difficult to find them under 8 lbs, which is why I went directly to my local dealer and grabbed the one that was 7.7 lbs. Also wanted to feel the wide/thin neck vs my others with the wide/fat. Decided that the neck was just fine. In fact I quite like it!

Is the neck finish on the CE the same as the SAS? I played an SAS locally and love the satin feel, but am thinking the CE is the guitar for me - can't find one locally as yet.

Back