I have to get this off my chest. Its just to much for me to take in by myself.

Tag

Sun1pp_zps3d4cb48b.jpeg

Pom17pp_zps55bc0646.jpeg

That is all, I feel much better now. Carry on. :redface: :D :)

well, it was certainly worth clicking on this thread!
outstanding, man, outstanding!

i have to say I am not happy. only 2 pics of the front!!! Come on man for the humanity of it. Lets see the back side on that beauty!!!.

Thanks guys!!! And once again, I just want to say that in the end, the guitar could not be any better. It has exceeded all my expectations tonally, and that is the bottom line. It has a growl and bigness to it that I have never heard in any other guitar, ever. I BEG PRS to start making this build type again. The semi hollow, McCarty thickness with the glued on, not hollowed out back. Its magic. I say it over and over, but it is. I have been lucky enough to have owned some of the finest carve tops money can buy, and have owned and or played what are considered the finest electrics. Late 50s LPs and 335s, DeAngelicos and DeAquistos....PRS struck magic with this certain construction method and specs. I would not trade it for any guitar in the world. Nothing. The incredible beauty is only icing on the cake. Thanks one more time to everyone at PRS to get this thing in my hands. Do I sound happy? Overdriven or clean, this thing KILLS. PLEASE someone else take my word for it and order this build type with your own cosmetic choices. You will never regret it. :rock:

Thanks guys!!! And once again, I just want to say that in the end, the guitar could not be any better. It has exceeded all my expectations tonally, and that is the bottom line. It has a growl and bigness to it that I have never heard in any other guitar, ever. I BEG PRS to start making this build type again. The semi hollow, McCarty thickness with the glued on, not hollowed out back. Its magic. I say it over and over, but it is. I have been lucky enough to have owned some of the finest carve tops money can buy, and have owned and or played what are considered the finest electrics. Late 50s LPs and 335s, DeAngelicos and DeAquistos....PRS struck magic with this certain construction method and specs. I would not trade it for any guitar in the world. Nothing. The incredible beauty is only icing on the cake. Thanks one more time to everyone at PRS to get this thing in my hands. Do I sound happy? Overdriven or clean, this thing KILLS. PLEASE someone else take my word for it and order this build type with your own cosmetic choices. You will never regret it. :rock:

Tag,

I am interested. Can you explain the nature of the semi-hollow of this guitar. I need to know how to refer to it when spec'ing my potential PS. Thank you in advance.

Dear Tag,
When i checked the forum early this morning ( my time zone) and read the title of your post i said "OH NO!!! Tag is facing some sort of a dilemma" but i couldn't be much further from the truth because you brightened my morning with these killer pictures and actually...
YOU MADE MY DAY
Thank you my brother

Tag,

I am interested. Can you explain the nature of the semi-hollow of this guitar. I need to know how to refer to it when spec'ing my potential PS. Thank you in advance.

The way this is done, and you have to be 100% specific, trust me. :eek: It is the way the made the old Artist 3 and 10th anniversary semi hollows, BUT, and this is huge, if you order it by just saying you want a semi hollow artist 3 or 10th anniversary, you will get the way they build them now, and they do NOT sound the same! The way I understand it is they now hollow out the back and leave it as 1 piece, and they are more "chambered" than semi hollow. The way I like them is they have a separate back on them, or they cut the back off, hollow it out, then add the back cap. Not sure exactly how they do it, but thats the one you want! Tell them like Tags Pomegranate guitar was done, they will understand. Lol! To me, you hear much more resonance. Like the sides and back are vibrating on their own like an acoustic guitar. They are LOUD even acoustically.. Just about as loud as my Semi hollows with Fholes. And you want the trem! The extra chambering and springs make it that much more resonate. I have also had the exact same Artist 3 semi hollows, one with trem and one with stop tail, and the trem sounds much better, and I never use a trem. Its only for the tone it adds. Still, to my ear and for what I like, the best sounding guitars PRS has ever made. Something about the body depth, that build technique and the trem is truly magical. They just nailed it. I have never heard any other semi hollow guitars sound and resonate like they do. Fantastic!

What IS that neck, puhleeeeze???

Brazilian. I got lucky. I was going for a lightweight one that rang the best, and it just so happened to be the one with insane figuring. It felt about 1/2 the weight of the others they had, and I worried about balance, but the Maple cap was also the lightest one, and I picked the lightest back I could find as well. There were backs with far more figure, but this rang like a bell and was SO light. I would have gone with classier looking Mahogany back caps if it was highly figured, but since it was on the plain side, I went for the quilted maple caps with the top color. I am not a classy guy anyway, so it fits my personality anyway. :redface:

Back