I checked out a 10th Anniversary Model Yesterday

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hello all,

I've been interested in either an Artist Limited or 10th Anniversary Model ever since I saw them in the PRS Book. Until yesterday, I'd never seen one in person. I remembered a local gent had one on eBay that had gone unsold and asked to come check it out. He was a really nice guy and really seems to appreciate these guitars. Anyway, I dropped by with the intention to buy it.

He'd described it in great detail, and it was spot on. I have to say, that 10th was easily a Private Stock level of beauty. The top had big, fat flames, the ebony fretboard was awesome, and the mahogany (especially the neck) had a beautiful figure to it. There was basically no fret wear. He bought it from Garrett Park some time ago, and I don't think she's been played very much. Really, just a gorgeous, gorgeous guitar.

But like I said, even though I'd intended on buying it, I left empty handed. (Well, except for the cash in my pocket!) As stunningly beautiful as the 10th was, I think I may have completed my PRS Quest. The big thing that got me thinking was, it was a HEAVY guitar. Honestly, it was at least 9lbs. It played great, was gorgeous, and a rarity. But as I torn as I was while fondling it, I knew it didn't offer anything new that my other PRSi didn't already have.

I'm sure I'll get a new case of GAS at some point. Hell, it might be tomorrow. :D But for now, I'm really content with my collection.

Last edited:
I would not have displayed that much self-control Brad...you are a stronger person than I...

Back